After AutoRx

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I made a mistake, here goes:

I had two Auto-RX treatments done on my 180k taurus GL 3.0 OHV, I want to switch to Synthetic but thought I had to put another "cleansing" does of dino. So here I am with 4.5qts of dino running in my Taurus after the 2nd Auto-RX treatment.

Will it be too late to put in Syn at my next oil change or will I have to Auto-RX it again? I'm thinking AMSOIL Power foam as well......

gavinl,

Here are the exact instructions:
quote:

FIRST APPLICATION

STEP 1
Install new oil filter* (DO NOT BYPASS THIS STEP. You will need a clean
oil filter to catch and store liquefied contaminants coming out of your engine).
STEP 2
Pour full 12 ounces of Auto-Rx® into your existing oil.
STEP 3
Drive 750 miles
Diesel Engine: Drive 1500 miles
STEP 4
Change the oil and oil filter (use non-synthetic or synthetic-blend oil for this step)
STEP 5
Drive your car an additional
1000 miles with just the new oil and filter.

SECOND APPLICATION

STEP 1
Add the second bottle of Auto-Rx® (do not change oil filter yet)
STEP 2
Drive 750 miles
Diesel Engine: Drive 1500 miles
STEP 3
Change the oil and oil filter (use non-synthetic or synthetic-blend oil for this step)

The application for high-mileage engines is done

The way I read this, the last change (the last rinse) is still dino or blend which you run for your chosen oil change interval and THEN you can start using synthetic again.

I think pscholte has it spot on. The final change is an extended rinse for whatever your normal oil change interval is, with dino or blend. After this rinse is done, switch back to synthetic.

Thanks pscholte! Yeah the part I was unclear of as well is the rinsing and how long I needed to keep the dino is there.
dunno.gif

Ok, looks like my bull is ready for Syn this end of fall
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back