aem dryflow cleaning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got a dryflow filter, and i am wondering if the cleaning solution is the same as it was for the regular aem/k&n filters just minus the oil? like could i use the cleaning solution from my old aem on the dryflow filter?

I used the purple de-greaser that I bought at Autozone on one filter and I used Fantastik on another. I used both in a 50-50 mix with water. Fill a bucket with the mix, dunk the filter into the mix, shake it around, let soak, and rinse with water. Works fine.

OK i know this is an old thread but i just cleaned my filter using dish soap with warm water and for some reason the media on the filter dried a lot darker than it was when i first got the filter... is that bad?

Sounds like something has stained the filter fibers, maybe a 'dye' type substance in the dust?
I wouldn't worry about it, as long as it was cleaned properly there shouldn't be any debris left, only color. You could probably bleach it out, but why bother since it's harmless.

Around here there's a red clay dust that dyes everything orange......

I ended up just using dish soap to clean it, the water was dirty a few times after rinsing it and everything so i can only assume all went well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back