AEM brakes pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put AEM brake pads last month on my Civic (110 000 km)and they are pretty good.They're a good improvement for the same price (vs honda pads).They support the heat very well, no squeal and low dust.I used in the past ohther performance brake pads (Hawks hps and axxis metalmaster) and right now the AEM beat those two. For daily driving they are easy to live with and the kevlar/ceramic compound do the job very well. I would not put these on a race track but for the street they're perfect.If you have a honda and want to try these (for the same price) you will be happy with it...

quote:

Originally posted by yohan:
I used in the past ohther performance brake pads (Hawks hps and axxis metalmaster) and right now the AEM beat those two.

"Beat" in what way? Perforamnce or dusting?

If it's dust you are talking about, then I can say that both Hawk HPS and Axxis Metalmasters aren't "low dust" by any stretch.

But they do offer fantastic performance.

For the price I paid 10$ (canadian) less than Hawks hps...Less dust and the dust is grey..so If you have silver mags it's cool...They bite better for the first stop in the morning (very cold in Québec sometimes!) They bite better when cold vs Hawks hps...I think they will last longer because they're made of kevlar/ceramic versus kevlar/carbon (hps) or semi-mettalic (metalmaster)...I made the bed-in procedure (10 decelerations from 60 mp/h to 5 mp/h) no fade, very good brake modulation and good consistency...I loved my metalmaster in the past but AEM are a step above...they performe like the HPS but with a very light grey dust vs plenty of black dust...I hope that you will understand my explanation because english is my second language!

...And I flushed my oil and replaced it with a generic DOT 4 (certified...478 deg. dry boiling point like the castrol GT LMA...) for the peace of mind...a low cost improvement...

yohan I completely understand. I may have to give them a try.

I just put new Hawks on but I go thru front pads every 10K miles or so
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back