Advice on a '98 Prairie 400 4x4

Got it for free. Runs fine. Did all the fluids, no water in the diffs. Was able to find and put a plow/ winch setup on it and so far, it's handled 3 storms just fine.
Friend had it and just pulled around a yard cart on his property for the last 18 yrs. He never ''wheeled'' it.
Just asking of those in the know what to look out for. My first wheeler but I'm an experienced wrench with tons of M/C, boats, snowmobiles, etc. in the past.

Ya other than the belt and all fluids I couldn't say for that specific model. My polaris magnum was pretty easy, just some electrical issues to keep in a guys mind since they use an awd setup.

Does it used sealed wheel bearings? If not one could grease them.

I have a 97. It’s a good bike. Full time 4wd isn’t great. Engine is very high quality. Very smooth compared to my Honda recon 250.

I had to put an axle in mine, same as any other 4wd.
I also had to do some work in the power transfer box, there is a torque limiting spring in there. I welded the gear in place…no more slippage.
If yours isn’t slipping, don’t worry about it. Some of the parts aren’t available is why I welded. Kids have put some miles on it with no issues.

I put a fan control switch on mine also, I bought a $12 aftermarket one, works fine.

I got mine for $500, I’ve put $200 or so in it. I may sell it for $2000 or so.

Back