Advanced Auto Parts bad service

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a couple weeks ago I decide im going to place an order for some akebono brake pads. I decided I would order them online and arrange store pick up on them. So I try to place the online order but they dont accept Canadian credit cards. Fair enough they also accept paypal, tryed that and they dont accept payments from a non us paypal account. So alright I will go into the store and get them. My frustration: brake pads list price online:62.99. Promo on the site was spend 50 and up and get 20% off your purchase plus a 25$ off coupon off my next 50$ purchase. So in essence the pads would be 50$ before tax on that promotion. Now full price on website 62.99, so whatever I will go in the store andpay full price 62.99 for them and just live with not getting the promo. Get to the store and guess what? The store list price is 71.99??!!!? So I politely asked if they could at least match the online list price of 62.99, but nope they flat out refuse to match it so I left with nothing. So 50$ for everyone local, and i get to pay 22$ more for the same pads? I find that is not a great way to run a business. Just my personal opinion. I complained on their facebook site and all i get was sorry we dont accept canadian credit cards. I thought the whole point of credit cards is that they are accepted worldwide? Besides that paypal converts cdn money to us dollars..so why not accept that? personally i would do alot of business with them if they accepted our money, and besides they would make more money. Subsequent asks as to why they cant even match online reg price have gone unanswered. I have decided that I am no longer doing business with Advance. Its disappointing. Being able to look at their site and expect the same prices in store shouldnt be too much to ask...

rant over

Join the club. They told me in the store, if you want the online price you have to order it online, and pick it up in the store. They are becoming another place I try and avoid, just like Home Depot. How that company does well is beyond me. But that's another topic, not for today.

I hope Walmart will one day get into the small parts business. EVERY time I go into a parts chain I get unacceptable customer service,and excellent customer service at Walmart. I'd do all my shopping at the chains if they only appeciated our business,but they don't,so my money that won't get.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
They told me in the store, if you want the online price you have to order it online, and pick it up in the store.

I'm sorry, but what is so difficult to grasp with that concept? Might there be a reason why it is called an online price?

21.gif

Originally Posted By: RiceCake
They don't accept "Canadian credit cards", lol...

I've been to the US hundreds of times, don't tell them its Canadian; it works fine.

Except when ordering online you typically need a "billing address" so they know it's from Canada. Still doesn't make sense though. They still get paid when you use a credit card no matter where you live.

It's not uncommon for stores to have a different price online than in the store. However, most stores that I've been to will honor the online price if you mention it and they are able to verify it.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I hope Walmart will one day get into the small parts business.

I've thought that also, but if that would happen they would source even more of the aftermarket parts from China.

First off,its Advance Auto Parts..nothing Advanced about them.
Secondly I am surprised they dont price match,In this day of O'Reilly,Bond and most everyone else trying to make the sale and take it away from the other chain down the street,not even attempting to "Price match guarantee" is almost a death sentence.Of course,everybody likes to use the internet now to shake down brick and mortar stores for big discounts,not realizing they sometimes pay shipping (like Rockauto),and may have a devil of a time with warrantees.Plus you are going to wait for it.Never seen a case where one clicks "BUY IT NOW" online,and 30 seconds later Fed Ex has it on the doorstoop.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
So a couple weeks ago I decide im going to place an order for some akebono brake pads. I decided I would order them online and arrange store pick up on them. So I try to place the online order but they dont accept Canadian credit cards. Fair enough they also accept paypal, tryed that and they dont accept payments from a non us paypal account. So alright I will go into the store and get them. My frustration: brake pads list price online:62.99. Promo on the site was spend 50 and up and get 20% off your purchase plus a 25$ off coupon off my next 50$ purchase. So in essence the pads would be 50$ before tax on that promotion. Now full price on website 62.99, so whatever I will go in the store andpay full price 62.99 for them and just live with not getting the promo. Get to the store and guess what? The store list price is 71.99??!!!? So I politely asked if they could at least match the online list price of 62.99, but nope they flat out refuse to match it so I left with nothing. So 50$ for everyone local, and i get to pay 22$ more for the same pads? I find that is not a great way to run a business. Just my personal opinion. I complained on their facebook site and all i get was sorry we dont accept canadian credit cards. I thought the whole point of credit cards is that they are accepted worldwide? Besides that paypal converts cdn money to us dollars..so why not accept that? personally i would do alot of business with them if they accepted our money, and besides they would make more money. Subsequent asks as to why they cant even match online reg price have gone unanswered. I have decided that I am no longer doing business with Advance. Its disappointing. Being able to look at their site and expect the same prices in store shouldnt be too much to ask...

rant over

If you have a Canadian Amex card and you have a friend or Family in the US, you can use their address as a secondary address on your Amex Card. You need to call Amex and speak to a customer service rep in order to do this. Then you can use the US address and place your orders online.

Regards, JC.

Someone said they price match with Rock Auto so you would be ahead with no shipping.I am not so sure they do this or if its online and in stores does anyone know for sure? We have a small shop and we wont deal with them at all they never have anything and are idiots.

I've never had any luck with placing orders for in-store pickup. Best to buy from an online retailer and have it delivered to the house. For whatever reason when I order for store delivery it never arrives on time, or it's the wrong item, and it's a week of hassle.

Ask the store to SHOW YOU IN WRITING where in their policy it says they cannot accept a Canadian credit card from one of the major listed card card companies.

I bet they can't.

That is pure nonsense, they are being paid by the bank that issued the card, not you directly.

Last edited:
Bunch of bull. Stores like that give the company a bad name. We accept Canadian cards all the time! But an FYI to all you, Advance Auto Parts and advanceautoparts.com are two different companies. Online prices can not be matched in store, if it's cheaper online and it's in stock at your store, buy it online. It's stupid and irritating to us at the store too, thankfully I'm there a few times a month.
smile.gif

Bought a set of Akebono Pro Act Ceramic a month or so ago and had the polar opposite experience. Ordered online, used a code to take $20 of $50, final price including tax $33 and change, very satisfied.

Of course I didn't have the Canadian CC/money issue, so perhaps that explains some of the major difference. That and I never expect anything out of the AAP counter staff other than providing the product I ordered online in a timely manner, and out the door I go.

As for getting the same price in store as online, it would seem a reasonable assumption. But considering how much I save using the AAP online codes, no reason for me to take the chance with the store price or it's personnel.

Sorry it didn't work out for you.

If you are referring to the AAP in Plattsburgh, NY, yes the service is subpar. The AZ around the corner is much better to deal with.
As long as your card has a Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, or Discover logo it will work there. If it is not a branded card, than no stores are going to take it in the US.

You would figure that when you order online for in store pickup that since it comes out of store stock that it shouldnt make a difference. Personally i agree that walmart should sell parts. id give them my business. Unfortunately Auto Zone doesnt sell what im looking for. Yes its because the site asks for billing info, wont take my info. Pure lack of business sense and absolute rip off. its beyond comprehension they cant accept canadian paypal...

Originally Posted By: salv
If you are referring to the AAP in Plattsburgh, NY, yes the service is subpar. The AZ around the corner is much better to deal with.
As long as your card has a Visa, MasterCard, AmEx, or Discover logo it will work there. If it is not a branded card, than no stores are going to take it in the US.

Yeah, never an issue at the local stores. They take my cc everywhere but wont let me pay online using it and arranging store pickup.

Customer service suck's no wonder why they can't make it here in the Texas Market.... When We Ran out of GC at work I had to go to Advance to get Oil. They wouldn't Honor the BOGO Castrol at the store. Because it was not Advertised yet, and I ended up at a Advance across town and Just bought 10 bottle's of 0w40 and went on with my day. The way i see it these guy's are not countermen just sales Associate's they don't get any kind of incentive on selling so they could care less on how they treat people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back