Acer notebooks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking at this Acer notebook which seems like a pretty good deal for $460. http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0314171

It has a good configuration and pretty much everything I am looking for, but I just want to get a real world opinion of actual Acer notebook users, strictly in terms of hardware reliability only. If you used a Acer notebook how did it go for you ? Did you run into a lot of issues ? Was it reliably ? Was it flaky ?

btw, if you guys know of any better or similar deals let me know.
My main criteria is that it should be a 14" widescreen, dual core or core 2 duo cpu, 3-4 gb ram, HDMI, webcam (not required but preferred). Firewire/1394 would be a added plus but I dont it around much on notebooks, I wonder why, so I guess I will just get a pcmcia card for that.
..and over to your thoughts..

Last edited:
I'm really happy with my Aspire 4730Z - Its is very similar spec-wise to the model you are looking at. I picked it up at Staples for $449 on sale last April. It has been a solid performer in all aspects. I dual boot WinVista and Ubuntu on it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back