Acer chromebook and google

hrv

When I open my laptop it will do the chrome thing then show my name and have the space below to enter my password to log in...It has been like this for the past 2 years. This morning after I opened the laptop the chrome came up then it showed my name but this time I had to enter my gmail account and then my password.... I looked online and they suggest to delete history cache and cookies ...so I did... but when I logged back in it still asks for my gmail address and then password... Any ideas what might be going on or has changed.. Thanks I am not too good with computers so please keep it simple. Thanks

When I open my laptop it will do the chrome thing then show my name and have the space below to enter my password to log in...It has been like this for the past 2 years. This morning after I opened the laptop the chrome came up then it showed my name but this time I had to enter my gmail account and then my password.... I looked online and they suggest to delete history cache and cookies ...so I did... but when I logged back in it still asks for my gmail address and then password... Any ideas what might be going on or has changed.. Thanks I am not too good with computers so please keep it simple. Thanks
Was any updates available and installed?

No. I did have a google/chrome update but that was over a week ago

I also have a chromebook but can't say that ever happened to me maybe once I was playing around with account settings

I also have a chromebook but can't say that ever happened to me maybe once I was playing around with account settings
I have not really messed with anything. I do see a feature where you can reset to factory settings but am affraid to do that

I would skip that step unless the machine is really acting buggy or you getting rid of it
Its no big deal that I have to sign in with both the gmail and password over just the password...I was more concerned as to what changed..

I would do a full reboot. You can also check users under settings.
I checked and I am the only user listed.... What do you mean by a full reboot...again not to computer savy.. Thanks

I checked and I am the only user listed.... What do you mean by a full reboot...again not to computer savy.. Thanks
Power down and restart.
If you do not have anything important stored on your Chromie, a factory reset will clean everything out.
Good luck.

Back