ACDelco Battery serial numbers

Noob here, for this forum.
Can anyone tell me how to determine the age of a battery from the serial number?
Specifically, an ACDelco 78PG. Got a pair in a 2500HD Duramax with date codes of PO15R.
It's a 2005 that I bought from a Chevy dealer in 2016. When trying to sell me the truck they said that they had sold it to the original owner and told me a list of maintenance items that had been done. But they didn't mention batteries.
So, stupid question - is there ANY possibility that they are 16 yr old batteries? When I bought the 11 yr old truck it had 20,000. miles on it. Now has about 56,000. I can't find anything on the ACDelco website concerning serial numbers.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Tom

That isnt the date code. Date code will be a letter A through M followed by a zero through 9. As to the can they be original, the answer is no, In 2006 that battery was a 78-7yr. PG, PS and advantage batteries came sometime around 2012. Prior to that Delco had 60-series, 5yr, 6yr and 7yr. The change to PG, PS, etc came when they dropped the prorate on the batteries.

Look closely at the sticker on the front, over to the farthest right. Now look at the small print that is written sideways. It may be there. My date was 03/20. It was had a 42 month pro-rated warranty. This is my 2nd replacement. The original and first replacement went about 6 years each.

Timmastertech, thanks for the info. I couldn't find any of that info on the ACDelco website either. Six years is good enough for me to buy ACDelco replacements, if I can find any.

Snagglefoot, thanks. They are in Duramax diesel and I would have to remove one to read that sticker - - Or buy a better cell phone that has a close-up lens.

SO - I'll look later this week when I replace the batteries.

Back