ACDelco 5W-30 dexos1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ryland
So do you guys think with the lower TBN that this oil will go the 10K-15K that the OLM indicates?

Thats what its built for. The new 2012 OLM Programmimg. I suspect the TBN will have pretty fair retention.

As I understand it takes at least 40% GIII to meet the Dexos 1 requirements. So far only ACDelco amd SOPUS have blends that make the grade although Im fairly certain that MC 5W20 could meet the spec (other than viscosity) if tested.

Originally Posted By: volk06
Yep. the bottle surely looks XOM to me. Maybe it is the same add pack bought from the same company like Lubrizol or Infineum and blended, just a different company basestock? Perhaps there is no connection at all but never know.

Mobil-1 is factory fill for GM high performance engines. It would seem plausible that Mobil conventional is also factory fill, and that Mobil now makes Dexos compliant oil.

The only question is if this is regular Mobil 5000 or Super Syn.

This EOM made oil has a different add pack then both Super 5000 and Super Synthetic.

Guys,

Does this Dexos oil meet Corvette 4718M? I assume this is a synthetic blend GM is now using on everything, including Vettes and Caddies?

Just wondering if MC 5W-30 is a better oil and/or value than this.

(oh yeah, I own a Vette...and yeah, I know you know what I'm thinking!)
cool.gif

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: ryland
So do you guys think with the lower TBN that this oil will go the 10K-15K that the OLM indicates?

It probably has great retention.

Originally Posted By: Last_Z
Guys,

Does this Dexos oil meet Corvette 4718M? I assume this is a synthetic blend GM is now using on everything, including Vettes and Caddies?

cool.gif

Thanks!

Anyone?

Guys,

cool.gif

Thanks!

Anyone?

I would say yes..

"GM DEXOS 1 fluid lubrication specification replaces 4718M for usage in Corvette"

While at AZ last week I noticed that Valvoline and Castrol are claiming that their semi-syns 'meet the dexos1 performance requirement' (or some such verbiage).
I'm going to stick with Mobil 1 5w30 in my Cruze turbo for now....I just wonder how their 0w40 would work when it's out of warranty??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back