Access to GM TSB's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here have access to GM's TSB's?

I'm trying to get my mother's 98 3.8L Monte Carlo's intake manifold leak fixed by GM.

TSB 01-06-01-007A JUL 01 Engine Coolant - Consumption/Leak

I can get it by paying $24 at a site but I thought before I did that maybe another BITOGER could help a brother out.

Thanks guys!

I have access to Alldata at work. I could fax you a copy of the TSB tomorrow when I'm back at work if you like. If interested, let me know. I tried to send you an e-mail, but your addys no good.

Bulletin No.: 01-06-01-007A
Date: July, 2001
TECHNICAL

Subject:
Engine Coolant Consumption or Coolant Leak
(Inspect For Material Degradation/Replace Intake Manifolds)

Models:
1995-1997 Buick Riviera
1995-1998 Buick LeSabre, Park Avenue
1996-1998 Buick Regal
1998 Chevrolet Lumina, Monte Carlo
1995-1996 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight
1995-1998 Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
1995-1998 Pontiac Bonneville
1997-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix
with 3.8L Engine (VIN K - RPO L36)
This bulletin is being revised to correct parts and labor operation usage. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 01-06-01-007 (Section 6 -
Engine/Propulsion System).

Condition
Some owners may comment on excessive engine coolant consumption, or an engine coolant leak near or under the throttle body area of the upper intake
manifold.

Cause
Upper intake manifold composite material may degrade around the EGR stove pipe and could result in an internal or external coolant leak.

Correction
1. Follow the upper intake manifold removal instructions found in the Engine Unit Repair Section of the Service Information Manual.
2. Refer to the arrow in the illustration of the upper intake manifold above. Inspect the inner diameter of the EGR passage for signs of material
degradation. Degradation will appear as "pitting" of the composite material in the EGR port passage.
3. If degradation of upper intake manifold composite material is found, replace the lower and upper intake manifolds with the following part
numbers:
^ Lower Intake - 24508923
^ Upper Intake - 17113136 (includes necessary upper intake plenum gaskets)
^ Lower Intake Gasket - 12537197
4. Follow the lower and upper intake manifold installation instructions found in the Engine Unit Repair Section of the appropriate Service Manual.
5. If degradation is not apparent, skip to Step 7.
6. Verify the repair.
7. If no degradation is found, evaluate the vehicle for other causes of excessive coolant consumption as noted in the Engine Diagnosis Section of the appropriate Service Manual.

That's it without the pictures.

cheers.gif
cheers.gif
cheers.gif
cheers.gif

Thank you guys very much for the help!!!

If we ever meet up the first 4 rounds are on me!
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back