AC Delco vs Wix for OLM OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
At AAP, the AC Delco classic PF47 is $4.29. I pay $6.49 for Wix 51040 at Oreilly or about the same for Napa Golds. I generally use the Napa Gold/Wix and found them on Rockauto $50 for a case of 12, which makes them about the same price as the AC Delco classic (I think Champ made). Should I bite the bullet and buy a case of the Wix? Is there much of a difference between the Wix (beta ratios 2/20=6/20) and the AC Delco (98% efficiency at 25-30 microns), other than the silicone ADBV in the Wix? I think that construction is similar, but the efficiency I'm unsure about. Which would you choose? The car won't get run past the OLM suggested OCI.
Thoughts?
Thanks.

The efficiency of the filter won't make any difference that you can see and if you are sticking with the OLM then you are not stressing the oil. The cheapest readily available product will serve you well.

Wix for me.
cheers3.gif

I just put 6 of your AC Delco PF47s in the cart at advance website. Entered SAVINGS and it came up with $18.02 for 6.

$3 per filter and call it a day.

I just bought some ACDelco PF47s. I had to take back 2 of them for ADBV failure out of the box. On the 3rd one it was fine. Make sure the ADBVs are good! I'm not sure if it was a bad batch or what.

Use the Wix and be happy
smile.gif

I don't like having a bunch of old filters, especially when they're not wire-backed synthetic. And since the 51040 is so common, it's easy to get a fresh production filter.

The only time I'd stock up is for a hard-to-get application that's not normally in-stock at stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back