AC Delco replaced on warranty after two years.

My original AC Delco lasted 6 years and I replaced it with a 42 month AC Delco that also lasted 6 years. In fact I sold it to a guy for $20 bucks. I purchased another 42 month AC Delco but it failed after 24 months. It charged fine, but if I kept the radio on for 10 minutes, it would fall from 12.6 volts to 11.6 volts and could not start the truck. I took it in to Lordco Auto parts where they put it on their tester, and it failed.

They brought out another 42 month AC Delco and this one had the same 770 CCA , but a slightly higher reserve and AH rating. The way they handled the warranty is they refunded me the original purchase price, then charged me the new purchase price for the new battery which was twenty bucks more than the old battery. ( so the fine print in “free replacement”, was not quite free replacement.) Anyway, I thought it was good service from this small town outfit and I’m satisfied. Here is a shot of the new battery, the old label, and the new label on the replacement battery. Enjoy.

AC9A65DB-BEC8-4E80-8179-4EEBDBB03522.jpeg

FD76F82F-2B9F-4A07-BCC0-27625C13C2EF.jpeg
826E827D-7007-4898-BB4C-E0A133600ADB.jpeg

Last edited:
The way they handled the warranty is they refunded me the original purchase price, then charged me the new purchase price for the new battery which was twenty bucks more than the old battery. ( so the fine print in “free replacement”, was not quite free replacement.)
Canadian Tire did much the same for me. They refunded the original price and charged me for the new and better battery. Fortunately the new and better battery (an AGM in the same size) happened to be on sale and I ended up with something like 40 cents change.

Thanks everyone. Using the coolant jug to rest the battery on, I tipped the battery down towards the passenger side of the firewall, then had a small diameter rope to gently lower the battery down to the tray. The battery edges fit under the metal retainer edge on the tray on the “left” and rear of the tray. The plastic block to secure is in the “ right” ( engine side of the tray). I then replaced the fender to firewall L shaped supports. After charging up the battery the voltage rose from 12.51 to13.1 V (fresh top charge still on it). The measured CCA was 783 A. All done.

E9919AFF-9C6E-46B6-A7B5-5C2F8D689550.jpeg

I don't see or can't read a country of origin on that battery. Still weird to me seeing a Delco top post battery.
JCI/Clarios purchased the AC Delco battery division many years ago. They aren't any better or worse than any other JCI/Clarios manufactured battery. Around here most of them are coming from Mexico.
I never get much more than 3 years out of them (any brand) in the Texas heat.

Back