AC Delco parts made in China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: PimTac
“....Japan is a total western country by the way that has morals that are a lot closer to the US than China. I think that has a lot to do with how people view their products....”

You might be confusing morals with Advanced society. When it comes to morals, Japan moves to the top with their very low crime, hospitable society and hard working people. The US has hard working people but crime is very high and hospitality depends on where you are. Each time I go to Japan I am always impressed by the society in general.

Case in point: traveling through Japan’s airports I was treated with respect and dignity. I had no worries of crime or danger. Arrived in Seattle and within 10 minutes we witnessed a fight at the airport and people heading for cover. I can walk in central Tokyo at night with no fear. At night in downtown Seattle or anywhere in the metro for that matter is not recommended. Dread zones abound b

Excellent post

Originally Posted By: Kibitoshin
Really don't care as long I can still buy brand new. The classic Saginaw power steering pumps can still be bought brand new although made in China now.

Where at?

I've just been able to find them sold as "remanufactured."

I'm an OE fan on parts, but they are getting harder and harder to find for my truck. I can still get some basics, but had to go to the AC Delco Professional for my control arms. Made in China too. Looking at the other Rock Auto options, I am not sure what else I'd get? Not a huge Moog fan..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Will it get that way in China? Maybe not, but there is one thing for sure: those who are holding on to the thought that products made in China are junk are going to be in the old school.
The world is changing quickly.

So.................. does that mean that communism ultimately "won"?

Many here are going by their perception of China as told to us by government, media, and word of mouth. I've made 8 trips to all over that country, selling them US made goods. It's a huge market. China can make [censored], or can make the best quality in the world, it just depends on who is paying the bill and what is in the bill of materials. If you think China is backwards, "commies", or hate the USA, you'd be wrong on all counts.
By the way, in general, the Chinese consumer LOVES US made products, and the Chinese people want to have good relationships with the US people. It's just the governments who muddy the water.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: Kibitoshin
Really don't care as long I can still buy brand new. The classic Saginaw power steering pumps can still be bought brand new although made in China now.

Where at?

I've just been able to find them sold as "remanufactured."

Online or at the dealer. I bought mine at Rockauto since it would be much cheaper than paying dealership prices.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Will it get that way in China? Maybe not, but there is one thing for sure: those who are holding on to the thought that products made in China are junk are going to be in the old school.
The world is changing quickly.

So.................. does that mean that communism ultimately "won"?

The Chinese can make anything from Chinese New Year party favors to medical implants. The only difference is that the people there are hungry and desperately want a job to survive. I am not sure who really won in this situation.

If companies here can't find workers, they'll go overseas worry free and let me tell you, places here are having a hard time finding good reliable workers.

My Grandfather worked at what he called the tech center in Warren Michigan for over 20 years. He was in R&D aka research and development... When I was a kid he explained to me about air bag...and 10 years later there were airbags... My Gramps helped when GM had to switch from Leaded gas to Unleaded and he used to tell me how that was very difficult to do. He used to tell me how the engines just didn't like unleaded fuel...However, with lots of R&D, they pulled it off...

My point is.. If my Gramps was alive today this would break his heart... He loved A/C Delco and loved General Motors... He was proud that they were made in the USA. I remember how he used to tell me at one time how GM was the largest automotive company in the world... I think it's just the largest in the USA now...

Again.... it is very sad to see this... HOWEVER, there is some light...

I have been working in auto parts for nearly 6 years... When I first started working at the auto parts store I could not find 1 part in the store made in the USA. As of the last 2 years, we are getting more and more parts that say made in the USA... Wagner ThermoQuiet Brakes used to say made in Mexico and all the new ones say made in the USA... Many BWD and Intermotor parts are now made in the USA... Dayco belts are now made in the USA a few years ago they used to say Mexico on them. I don't want to get political but people at work say it has to with our current president.

Originally Posted by c502cid
Many here are going by their perception of China as told to us by government, media, and word of mouth. I've made 8 trips to all over that country, selling them US made goods. It's a huge market. China can make crap, or can make the best quality in the world, it just depends on who is paying the bill and what is in the bill of materials. If you think China is backwards, "commies", or hate the USA, you'd be wrong on all counts.
By the way, in general, the Chinese consumer LOVES US made products, and the Chinese people want to have good relationships with the US people. It's just the governments who muddy the water.

I agree,,,,

I talked to a Chinese businessman and he told me that companies will tell them a price they want to pay for certain goods and they are forced to cut corners to make the goods at the said price...

He then told me that CHINA can make great goods however people do not want to pay for the quality...

I mean think of the ISLANDS they are constructing in the ocean. I mean if you look at old google charts there was nothing in the south China sea and now they have HUGE ISLANDS they constructed with jet runways and buildings.
It's very impressive...

Also, I saw a youtube video and they do not like it when a U.S Jet flies over there islands however their islands are in international waters and their islands are man-made so it is a very weird situtation...

basically, china can make good stuff if someone wanted to pay the price.

Originally Posted by David1
My Grandfather worked at what he called the tech center in Warren Michigan for over 20 years. He was in R&D aka research and development... When I was a kid he explained to me about air bag...and 10 years later there were airbags... My Gramps helped when GM had to switch from Leaded gas to Unleaded and he used to tell me how that was very difficult to do. He used to tell me how the engines just didn't like unleaded fuel...However, with lots of R&D, they pulled it off...

My point is.. If my Gramps was alive today this would break his heart... He loved A/C Delco and loved General Motors... He was proud that they were made in the USA. I remember how he used to tell me at one time how GM was the largest automotive company in the world... I think it's just the largest in the USA now...

Again.... it is very sad to see this... HOWEVER, there is some light...

I have been working in auto parts for nearly 6 years... When I first started working at the auto parts store I could not find 1 part in the store made in the USA. As of the last 2 years, we are getting more and more parts that say made in the USA... Wagner ThermoQuiet Brakes used to say made in Mexico and all the new ones say made in the USA... Many BWD and Intermotor parts are now made in the USA... Dayco belts are now made in the USA a few years ago they used to say Mexico on them. I don't want to get political but people at work say it has to with our current president.

Even moreso, he would hate people like me who buy 100% Japanese sourced/made vehicles because quality, safety, and reliability are the 3 most important aspects of a vehicle. I know my grandpa woulda been [censored], but facts is facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back