AC Delco filters any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've been able to gather, they're of decent quality. You might want to check one of the number of sites out there with studies on oil filters that have been disemboweled.

ACDelco paper air filters are VERY good.

I guess it depends who makes them. The AC Delco for my Jeep is a PF48, which is actually a Champ made piece, which are good filters.

The AC Delcos I checked at WalMart were all the new Ecore design from Champ Labs. Some people like the Ecore, while others seem to be afraid of it. They appear to be identical to SuperTech's, except for costing a bit more.

Here's a thought. GM's new cars all come with an Oil life monitor as well as an AC Delco filter. On mnay vehicles the OLM will take you out to an OCI of almost 11 - 12k miles. They must feel comfortable with them for that long of an OCI.

Originally Posted By: 3putter
Here's a thought. GM's new cars all come with an Oil life monitor as well as an AC Delco filter. On mnay vehicles the OLM will take you out to an OCI of almost 11 - 12k miles. They must feel comfortable with them for that long of an OCI.

here come the GM bashing posts saying that they are that long so the engines will die sooner....
28.gif

Originally Posted By: AuthorEditor
The AC Delcos I checked at WalMart were all the new Ecore design from Champ Labs. Some people like the Ecore, while others seem to be afraid of it. They appear to be identical to SuperTech's, except for costing a bit more.

I wouldn't count on that. In the past, they had half again more media than ST and other lower cost brands such as Purolater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back