AC condenser fan

Hi guys,

I have a 2005 honda crv, and my condenser fan is not working. I tried hooking the connector to a 12v source and it will not spin.

Can I still use the AC without my fan? Rockauto tyc brand will he delivered by friday, and it will be in the high 20s and 30 celcius here.

Hi guys,

I have a 2005 honda crv, and my condenser fan is not working. I tried hooking the connector to a 12v source and it will not spin.

Can I still use the AC without my fan? Rockauto tyc brand will he delivered by friday, and it will be in the high 20s and 30 celcius here.

If you're moving at highway speeds, sure.

It won't perform as well, might cut out on high pressure more often

But at highway speeds, it'll work

I remember doing a radiator job on a 2000 Accord V6, and he raved how good the A/C was in that car (NYC traffic :rolleyes:)

Turns out one fan was dead

...car kept temp and A/C cooled even better with a new radiator and TYC fan

Lasted till the car was rear ended

the pressure transducer will kick the compressor clutch out as high side pressure increases. Shouldnt do any damage but if you have a compressor that is marginal like an original Keihin on that CR-v it may be enough to push that compressor over the edge

I'd be concerned about the engine overheating, the condenser fan pulls air through the radiator as well, at temps that hot you need all the cooling you can get.

Thank you, I'll just roll all the windows down until then. Dont want to ruin the compressor.

I'd be concerned about the engine overheating, the condenser fan pulls air through the radiator as well, at temps that hot you need all the cooling you can get.
Yeah I agree, but so far at 35C in stop and go the temp needle does not go beyond the middle, also highest temp for torque app has my coolant at 90C. Not 100% sure if that is accurate.

Yeah I agree, but so far at 35C in stop and go the temp needle does not go beyond the middle, also highest temp for torque app has my coolant at 90C. Not 100% sure if that is accurate.

Torque should be spot on, that's a reading directly from the coolant temp sensor.

Hi guys,

Did you try testing the voltage to the fan with a volt meter as well? You not only want to see if the fan move at 12V but also whether the power is getting there as well.

An aftermarket AC fan is not that expensive and you can always pull from junkyard if you are desperate and cheap, or buy used from ebay. Going without fan can cause problem down the road and damage the compressor too. I'd not do it.

Mine's been bad for years, too much of a PITA to change. No problems other than AC is weak on the hottest days (mid-90s or higher) while sitting at a stoplight.

Back