AC/Blendoor Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
2010 Ford Fusion v6 178k mi

The heat automagically comes on. I can have the temp knob set to full cold and I’ll hear the airflow change and the air coming out goes hot.

If I turn the temp knob to full heat and then slowly bring it back to cold a few notches at a time I can get full cold again. Then it will randomly go back to heat.

Ideas?

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Blend door motor, not uncommon at all.

And purchase the replacement from Ford, not an aftermarket like Dorman.

Pictures from the catalog and then the shop manual. I assumed it was the driver's side that was bad since it said you didn't have dual zone AC. Sorry for looking funky there isn't an easy way to save the pictures directly.

You should be able to tell what actuator is working by placing your hand over it when you turn the ignition on.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

Pictures from the catalog and then the shop manual. I assumed it was the driver's side that was bad since it said you didn't have dual zone AC. Sorry for looking funky there isn't an easy way to save the pictures directly.

You were correct. No dual zone. Thank you for this information.

Just to be clear, the airflow comes from whichever vent I have selected. It’s the temp and flow through the heater coil that’s going wonky. Still the same part?

Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010
Just to be clear, the airflow comes from whichever vent I have selected. It’s the temp and flow through the heater coil that’s going wonky. Still the same part?

The one I looked up is the temperature blend door motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back