? about commerical radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you guys may have listened to CKLW in the 60's .....
56.gif

Now, back to Mar 28,2009
cool.gif

Commercial radio had been garbage ever since the FM takeover. "better quality sound- same ten songs in a row, OVER and OVER again!"

I initially really liked Sirius radio until they turned into the same stupid format slave that they strive so hard to distance themselves from.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Some of you guys may have listened to CKLW in the 60's .....
56.gif

Now, back to Mar 28,2009
cool.gif

I mostly reserved it for late at night then when I needed something to keep me awake while driving.

Later maybe the 90's, they went to the ''Music of Your Life'' format. I discovered them on one of my trips when our son was in college. It was his first exposure to ''She's Too Fat for Me'' and spike Jones. Back home, I discovered my 40's Zenith console could pull them in from 300 miles away. I enjoyed them for many years before they shifted to a talk format.

Originally Posted By: Beehive_Poker
Commercial radio had been garbage ever since the FM takeover. "better quality sound- same ten songs in a row, OVER and OVER again!"

I initially really liked Sirius radio until they turned into the same stupid format slave that they strive so hard to distance themselves from.
Stern? I'll avoid Sirius whenever/if ever I could afford a subscription. I actually saw Private Parts at the movies and was borrrrred.
35.gif
then
37.gif

We have a couple good stations in MN owned by disney radio, but they changed their third station to oldies, so now we only have one new music station that don't play hiphop or country. I've started listening to talk radio, since there are a few FM ones now. I can hardly stand NPR with their whisper talking and boring stories, but they are the only ones that have decent news content.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back