A Royal PITA to post UOAs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to post an image of a UOA report and it just ain't happening. Yeah, I've got an old computer with sn old operator blah, blah, blah but I'm able to do it through Photobucket on other sites but not here. The instructions in the UOA thread are gibberish to me. Post a "code block"? What in Sam Hill is that? Plus all the code blocks I see do NOT show complete information.

Type it out. Caveman easy.

Lazy tip: Copy someone's element list, paste and fill in your PPM.

Joke part, everyone laugh
grin2.gif
banana2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
thankyou2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

If you find that difficult then we will wonder about a) yourmentalfaculties or b) yourdoglazyness

The above was meant to be silly joking joshing and lighthearted. A distraction, nothing mean or or otherwise cold abrupt or otherwise mean spirited. Do not PM to me or respond that I'm some kind of rude dude.

That is all.
thumbsup2.gif
grin2.gif
cheers3.gif
coffee2.gif
10.gif
56.gif

My last two UOA's have gone unposted due to what the OP said.
Sorry, but I am the one providing the service when posting a UOA, and it is just a PITA to do it here.

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
but I'm able to do it through Photobucket on other sites but not here.

Why not here? Copy the image link that Photobucket gives you and paste it here and wrap it around
tags.

That's it. You're done.

The only reason we don't encourage this is that image links get broken over time (people delete/rename their images, photo hosting sites come and go, etc.) and BITOG has no control over it. But other than that, it's probably the easiest and best looking way.

C'mon Hermann, I can't figure it out either so I do like Pablo said and copy the other guys' format. POST 'EM POST 'EM POST 'EM POST 'EM!!!!

We will get 3 new UOA's with INDYDRIVER's included!! solid and valuable to the community.

Upload to photobucket.

Copy the link from photobucket OR
Mouse over the thumbnail in your album and use the "IMG code" link they provide and paste that directly into BITOG. Thusly:

Lil440.gif

I might try to post 5 S2000 UOA's with the "code" function. If you don't see it soon, then you'll know what happened.

Tried to figure out how to find the "code" function on a new topic post, but no joy.

Tried to copy and paste another code box to edit, but no joy.

Tried to copy and paste a Word doc into new topic post block, but it turned into a mess.

My Word doc is saved though, just in case I want try again some day.

Originally Posted By: tig1
I hate computers.

In some ways I agree. But honestly, on the scale of things - typing in a UOA is buttbaby simple. It's really not that hard, trust me, I'm as lazy as the next fat person.

This is what I don't get:

"To post in a code window simply click on the # symbol in the full reply screen like this"

If I'm starting a new topic (post), where is the full reply button if there isn't even a new topic posted yet? I didn't see any # symbol either.

I usually just typed all the data before, but now that's frowned upon.

Originally Posted By: INDYMAC
This is what I don't get:

"To post in a code window simply click on the # symbol in the full reply screen like this"

If I'm starting a new topic (post), where is the full reply button if there isn't even a new topic posted yet? I didn't see any # symbol either.

I usually just typed all the data before, but now that's frowned upon.

If you are starting a new first post you have all the icons that are in a normal "switch to Full Reply Screen".

You just select the # icon, select code and enter the numbers in between the start and end code tags.

Code:

example

Iron 1

Copper 2

Si 3

AL 5

stop entering out side the code tags and wola its done.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back