A real dilema, what oil? please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if they're the same as Exxon XD-3 in the United States, but the Esso XD-3 HDEO's are researched, blended, and packaged in Canada.

Maybe domestic production helps keep prices low?? Beats me.

Jerry

Update #2

Dropped the old winter oil and finally got to pour in the 5 Litres of Esso XD-3 15w-40 last night, along with a new to me baldwin filter. Although temps have not been very typical of summer weather as of yet, intial findings are that I have higher oil pressure at startup and hot idle pressure seems better as well! I will get a chance to do some trailering this upcoming weekend so I will post back in a week or two and if all goes well will post a UOA in a few months time. All indications so far point to the truck
(year 2000, Dodge Ram with 49,000 Km) liking this oil so far. Any others of us Canucks added this oil to their ever growing list? would like to hear comments or experiences.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

Originally posted by haley10:
I'm always hearing about how outrageous oil prices are in Canada. This seems cheap to me.

A real syn 0W-30 at 4.25 is dirt cheap.

This sounds like a decent deal.

Some oils are insane, such as Redline at $20 per quart from some places (although it's been seen as low as $13) but overall our prices aren't too bad. Just recently there have been sales on 4L jugs of M1 at Walmart for just $20, which is like $15 US! I've also seen Pennzoil 5w30 in a 4 quart jug for just $5.69 CDN recently.

Way down here in New Orleans, there's an AdvanceAuto that's actually carrying the whole Redline array of street oils, incl 5w-20, all for $8.75/qt US. You can order it for about this price too, I believe, although I don't know about going up into Canada. I'm severely tempted to grab some to try for my next OCI, since this store is only a half-mile up the street from the base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back