A Good Deed done and I got a small smile.

While approaching a store I saw a shopping cart amongst some pine trees in the parking lot. Someone left a clean jug of used motor oil in it.
I immediately thought ill of the perp and fearing spillage by a careless or inept store employee, I put it in my car and took it to the nearby AutoZone for recycling.
The AZ deskman gladly accepted it.
That's the good deed.

I gave the aisles of the fairly new store a walk-through and priced batteries for my car.
My Volvo V70 takes an H6 and has a second location for the hold-down to fit an H8.
The basic Duralast was $109.99
The Gold Duralast was $209.99
At least they keep it simple.
That's the small smile.

A diehard BITOGER would have sent off a sample for analysis. What were you thinking? :)

I helped an old man load up some fertilizer and mulch while at Lowes this past summer. He sort of met the grouchy old man stereotype but I was feeling kind and talkative that afternoon so I was sort of in rare form. I got his little old S-10 loaded down and off he went with not much more than "thanks".

While walking back to my truck with my one can of fluid film, I saw what I suspected was a used gift card on the ground. I kicked it around like a little kid kicks a rock and I noticed that the serial number thingy on the back hadn't been scratched off. I picked it up, scratched off the serial number thingy and went inside to see if it was valid. ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!! was on that card. I told the lady at the desk to take my number and let me know if anyone comes in to report a lost card.

That $100 card is sitting here in my desk and after the first of year I will accept as my own good fortune. Had I not stopped to help that little old grouchy man I most likely wouldn't have taken the route back to my truck that I took. Miracles happen each and every day.

Happy Thanksgiving folks!!

I kid you not i once poured a 3 quart jug of used oil into my engine I found at a Walmart parking lot long ago because it was low enough to where the oil pressure gauge began to drop at turns or revs. Bad deed kira. Someone like once broke me could've poured that combustion chamber fodder into their old bug fogger. Think of the scavengers.

I kid you not i once poured a 3 quart jug of used oil into my engine I found at a Walmart parking lot long ago because it was low enough to where the oil pressure gauge began to drop at turns or revs. Bad deed kira. Someone like once broke me could've poured that combustion chamber fodder into their old bug fogger. Think of the scavengers.
Take a quart, leave a quart?
Funny enough, I carry brake fluid and coolant in the Focus, but no oil as it doesn't use much between changes. The clutch master cylinder shares the brake reservoir and a year ago it started leaking a little bit, but then a month later fixed itself... I threw in a quart of brake fluid in case one day it unfixes itself.

I had the same thing happen out of the blue today. My dad and I were at Harbor Freight and a lady was standing off to the side, with no Idea what the guy at the cash register was saying. I had to use my basic Spanish skills to translate and she needed to return a corded drill that didn't work.

Back