A Discovery and Now a Decision...

Going through some boxes I hadn't opened in years, opened one that was mis-labeled and found these. I think I bought these in the 80's and they have been through 4-5 moves...and were completely forgotten and the box unopened. They are almost perfect and may have been new, but not packaged, when I (think) got them at a parking lot car show and swap. Funny how Marchal were never as popular as Hella or Cibie in the US market. They take the obsolete H3 bulb.

Now, do I sell these or use them as an excuse to get something cool and European from the 70-80's to put them on?;)
Marfl.jpg

Hmmm. I had a pair of those on a 4 wheel drive AMC Eagle. Wanted to find more for a Cherokee later and couldn't believe the crazy high price they commanded in this century. They came with plastic covers.

I have similar lights but with clear lenses. I forgot about them and have had'em for decades. I tested them and they work fine and I do have them for sale. I wanted to install them in the Firebird in my signature without the lights hanging down(mounted under the bumper/fascia). I want(ed) to install them in the lower grill area however, I thought they would block too much incoming air flow.

Alas Marchal is now defunct, they were a good company with good products. It's going to be a tough slogging to find a buyer for as you said it has to be someone that had them in the 1st place. The technology in lighting has improved by leaps and bounds and also those were probably made to US specs which at that time were very low. Marchal in the US was bought by Candlepower (lightbulb makers)

I'm thinking they would really pimp out a mid-80's Olds 442. Or a turbo Buick Grand National. 😍

Or I would bolt them on the front of my Deere LA series lawn tractor. ;>

Back