95 mustang gt 5.0 tranmission and rear diff oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
what weight is 95 mustang gt 5.0L automatic rear diff oil weight ? and is these ford automatic tranny still accept dex/mer ( maxlife ). Thanks

btw for any one that know about ford, what kind of diff do I have ?

You have the Ford 8.8 rear. You can use any 75w90 or 75w140 gear oil. Since you have the 5.0 you will need to add a bottle of limited-slip additive. The Auto is speced for standard Mercon, but I would use Mercon V.

Originally Posted By: JasonC
You have the Ford 8.8 rear. You can use any 75w90 or 75w140 gear oil. Since you have the 5.0 you will need to add a bottle of limited-slip additive. The Auto is speced for standard Mercon, but I would use Mercon V.

thanks, btw what kind of power steering fluid do I need ?

hehe I really need buy an owner manual.

The power steering uses auto trans fluid so mercon V would be best. The ford 8.8 is not picky about fluid and is speced for 80w90 and like JasonC wrote you must use a bottle of the ford frition modifier for the clutch packs........Take a look at the tag on the drivers door under axle for the axle code... M is 2.73 and E is 3.27...Hope this helps!

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
thanks, btw these 5.0 engine use 5 quart oil right ?

yes

Why do you think they call it a 5.0?

29.gif

Originally Posted By: PerfectGrade

yes

29.gif

hehe, my other stang gt 4.6L take 6 quart
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: PerfectGrade

yes

29.gif

The new 5.0s take 8 quarts in the Mustangs
crazy2.gif

update. Bought new oil, drive the stang around neighborhood for 20 min low speed, I dont want take on street or highway, cause car have no tag and insurance, will register tomorrow.

anyway these dumb engine, have 2 drain plug, I just take 1 out, and it drain about 5 quart, after done everything, i search on google and found out the other plug still hold some oil left.

second, these space is way to tight for big FL1A oil filter ( i use pure 1 left over from my jeep 4.0L ( glad both jeep and stang use same oil filter ), anyway is their a small version of FL1A ? I want use a small oil filter cause of the tight space.

Last edited:
thanks, plan doing rear end gear oil this weekent, and next weekent will doing aft, i dont want to rush all maintaince, i want have something to work on haha

got back from advance, order online pick up in store, they could find mobil 1 75w90, so the manager gave me mobil 1 75w140 for a mobil 1 75w90 price.

update : was plan change out gear oil this weekent, but got off work early,and bore, so craw under the stang and change out fluid, FLUID IS NOT LOOKING GOOD :(, im affaid it never been change and water might got in. no teeth damage, or any kind of big metal, suprire the rear diff cover dont have magnetic like every other rear diff i change. is this normal ?

will dump in the trash
smile.gif
J/K will drop off valvoline oil change place on way to work tomorow

Your gear oil almost looks like used motor oil with Lucas additive in it. Ouch. Is the vent hose in good condition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back