8654799 GM 4L60E pan gasket

Anyone know if the OE 4L60E pan gasket - 8654799 is the rubber with metal inside style? Seem to recall this style as OE on my 4T60/65s.

Looked it up and from pics on eBay it is carded flat, but it is hard to tell if there’s a metal inner.

Last time I serviced it I replaced a cork gasket with the rubber style that was in the box with the filter.

Would prefer a metal/rubber style one. If that isn’t available from GM I have seen that Lubelocker makes one for this application.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the OE 4L60E pan gasket - 8654799 is the rubber with metal inside style? Seem to recall this style as OE on my 4T60/65s.

Looked it up and from pics on eBay it is carded flat, but it is hard to tell if there’s a metal inner.

Last time I serviced it I replaced a cork gasket with the rubber style that was in the box with the filter.

Would prefer a metal/rubber style one. If that isn’t available from GM I have seen that Lubelocker makes one for this application.

Thanks.
The OE gasket is farpak fiber, they seal really well when installed properly. GM doesn’t make a metal/rubber one for the 4l60e. Lubelocker gaskets work great, they are very thin though. I used one on my 4l60e with the derale 14204 pan and one on the 8.625 rear axle. I’ve seen quite a few reviews though about the lubelocker gaskets leaking on transmission pans with the sealing ridge, mine hasn’t started leaking though.

The OE gasket is farpak fiber, they seal really well when installed properly. GM doesn’t make a metal/rubber one for the 4l60e. Lubelocker gaskets work great, they are very thin though. I used one on my 4l60e with the derale 14204 pan and one on the 8.625 rear axle. I’ve seen quite a few reviews though about the lubelocker gaskets leaking on transmission pans with the sealing ridge, mine hasn’t started leaking though.
Hmm… thank you for the info appreciate it. Good to know about the Lubelocker and OE gaskets. Perhaps the OE gasket is a fine choice and what I should seek.

Next trans service I plan to put a new filter in and extra magnets.

When you do replace it, also order a transmission pan that includes a drain plug, so you'll never have to worry about it again :D

When you do replace it, also order a transmission pan that includes a drain plug, so you'll never have to worry about it again :D
Great suggestion. Absolutely. I fortunately do have a drain already. But I want to drop the pan to add more magnets. I figure if I drop the pan it’s getting a new filter.

I’ll drop it, change the filter, clean the pan, add more magnets. Then just drain on an interval. That’ll make me happy

Great suggestion. Absolutely. I fortunately do have a drain already. But I want to drop the pan to add more magnets. I figure if I drop the pan it’s getting a new filter.

I’ll drop it, change the filter, clean the pan, add more magnets. Then just drain on an interval. That’ll make me happy

Replace the square magnet with donut magnets per TSB 08-07-30-040B then add additional magnets given the pan space.

Replace the square magnet with donut magnets per TSB 08-07-30-040B then add additional magnets given the pan space.
Thanks for the TSB number. Was curious. I had heard about it before.

The purpose of the magnets is to attract a greater amount of ferrous debris to help keep it off the PC Solenoid, If enough ferrous material builds up on the PC Solenoid....It can affect it's performance.

I haven't seen much evidence it actually helps with the amount of debris I seen on the PC Solenoid on later 4L60E's with 2 round magnets from the factory.

Back