7-eleven diesel fuel sourced on west coast?

4/23/2024 update.

I can’t find ULSD anywhere at all of my reliable stations that always had it. Every station I went to was selling a biomass diesel blend, some were labeled at the pump and others were labeled as ULSD. I did find real ULSD at a low volume station near Santa Cruz however I suspect it’s older fuel.

You can identify renewable diesel by the lack of foam and it is crystal clear. RD also has a different smell than ULSD.

My fuel economy has dropped 2 MPGs and low end torque is lower with more downshifting. I hate this crappy green fuel it sucks and the phony hype about how great it is. If it burns cleaner, but you use 10% more fuel to do the same amount of work, how is that an improvement? It’s a carb.gov greenwashing scam.

4/23/2024 update.

I can’t find ULSD anywhere at all of my reliable stations that always had it. Every station I went to was selling a biomass diesel blend, some were labeled at the pump and others were labeled as ULSD. I did find real ULSD at a low volume station near Santa Cruz however I suspect it’s older fuel.

You can identify renewable diesel by the lack of foam and it is crystal clear. RD also has a different smell than ULSD.

My fuel economy has dropped 2 MPGs and low end torque is lower with more downshifting. I hate this crappy green fuel it sucks and the phony hype about how great it is. If it burns cleaner, but you use 10% more fuel to do the same amount of work, how is that an improvement? It’s a carb.gov greenwashing scam.
What's in the renewable diesel? When I've run biodiesel the only difference i notice is less injection noise. This white non foam stuff sounds like gasoline

What's in the renewable diesel? When I've run biodiesel the only difference i notice is less injection noise. This white non foam stuff sounds like gasoline
Google renewable diesel AKA Hydrotreated Vegetable Oil. It’s clear, doesn’t foam and smells like wax

It’s not gasoline.

Back