5W40 Motul 300V in a tracked F87 M2

Dear oil gurus and gurines,

I wanted to get you opinion on the oil I've started using in my 2017 BMW F87 M2. The car is out of warranty so I don't care for the LL01.
I don't drive the car daily but use it on the weekends (distances from 2km - 1000km), drive it hard in the mountains or go to the track. I live in south of Switzerland, but the car is in an underground garage, so let's say about 15 coldish (2-10 celcius), 10 cold (below 0 celcius) starts a year and summer temps up to 35 celcius.
I had been using the Motul 0W40 x-max up to this point, but have recently switched to the 5W40 300V and am planning on 8k km intervals.
Was it a good idea to make the switch or should I go back to the xmax? Should I use the 0W40 in the winter or is the 5 ok? I've already noticed a higher idle at startup in the summer
Thanks for your replies

The Motul 300V is more than enough. Stick with it. The cold performance with the 0W vs 5W is a slight diff, but from what you've stated you're not expereincing any crazy cold temps, so stick with the 5W.

I don't have anything to say other than I spent ten days in Switzerland in 2017 and that country is stunningly beautiful. Not to mention some crazy nice roads and passes to drive through, like everywhere.

Back