$500 Hyundai/Motozuma price matching program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, I've been shopping for a 2012 Hyundai Veloster and found dealer discounts and Costco Auto Program participation to be spotty in my area (Oregon). However, what really surprised me was the absence of dealer knowledge about the link between Hyundai and Motozuma whereby a buyer deposits up to $500 in an account and Hyundai will match it at the time of purchase for a $500 dealer rebate passed on to the purchaser.

Hyundai participation in this program has been active since 2009 and expires on 12/31/2011. But, when discussing the program with Hyundai sales personnel, all a buyer gets is a cold stare. The rebate is independant of any dealer discounts from MSRP or Hyundai's HMF financing deals.

My thought would be to download and printout whatever info is on the web. Take this to the dealer (stealer) and let them figure out the next step. Sounds like you are a smart shopper. Good luck ! FWIW--Oldtommy

You can bet the dealer isn't passing this info on to the salespeople, maybe not even to the managers.

Originally Posted By: MrCritical
You can bet the dealer isn't passing this info on to the salespeople, maybe not even to the managers.

I am curious as to why you suggest that scenario. Since the Motozuma program is nothing more than a manufacturer-to-dealer rebate that costs the dealer nothing (except a few computer keystrokes to confirm the sale), why would the dealer resist telling his sales crew? It is simply an incentive from the manufacturer to buy a vehicle by matching the buyer's down payment (deposited in the Motozuma account) dollar-for-dollar up to $500.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back