50 Mile Maverick Hybrid Trip today.

Use same pump for fill of both cars .
? :unsure: Did you want me to fill up at the same pump I usually used for the Venza. QuikTrip has a pump that I try to use as it has a little right lean and on level ground. I fill till it clicks and then go to the next even dollar. It ain't much these days of $4 petrol swill with alcohol. How dry I am, says the car. I am still 400 miles from the need to do my first fill.☺️

Averaging 45-46 mpg on the display, since early March. I have the hybrid Lariat Maverick. My driving is 70% city.

I had a 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid with the same 2.5L, 4 cylinder engine as this Maverick. Put about 210,000 miles on it, and found it to be as “bulletproof” as any comparable Toyota or Honda 4 cylinder engine.

The first manufacturer that offers an EV or plug in compact pickup, is going to have a decided advantage over the rest of pack. Toyota got caught “napping” this time. They offer the Prius Prime drivetrain, but not the compact pickup.
About 12 years ago, I made a comment on how to help the 159 hp 2.7L engine in the 2008 era Tacoma engine. I said it is the perfect engine to have a mild hybridization, to make it perkier for faster takeoffs, and some help when fighting headwinds and the slow as molasses acceleration . Basically I was run off the forum. It was like they thought I was attempting to remove their manhood.

Would you say that a gent 6'4'' tall and about 240lbs will have trouble fitting in the cab?

Seen a few in person never sat in one.

Seems like the cabin roof is quite high so headroom is not a problem but how about leg room.
Sorry, I missed your question. I'm 5'10" and had a full hand width of room above my head. I saw a video this morning on you tube where a 6'7" dude was in the front passenger seat. He seemed comfortable for the 150 mile fuel mileage video. In the back seat 6'4" would be a challenge. I fit well behind myself in the back, the seats in the rear are comfy and not too upright.
Again sorry for missing your question

If the Maverick display is like the fuel mileage display in other vehicles, it is an "instantaneous mileage" calculated from fuel use in the previous few seconds compared with road speed. It is usually not based on a whole tank of fuel. In various Mazdas I've driven, the displayed fuel economy varies wildly depending on any slight uphill or downhill grade, acceleration, slowing, etc., and updates every couple of seconds.
On the display which says electric in my pic, it can be changed to work in the background. It was not delivered the way it shows. I can track total cummulative MPG, Instant MPG and the current tank. It is nearly as flexible as the Venza was.
Link to video with 6'7" dude

Last edited:
Not a Ford guy, but I have seen 3 different ones in my area and I really like them.

OP, nice review and some excellent MPG.

Not a Ford guy, but I have seen 3 different ones in my area and I really like them.

OP, nice review and some excellent MPG.
Thanks, the current MPG on this tank is now up to 46.1 MPG. Drove approx 30 miles last evening and 50 miles total going to dinner Saturday evening.

what are its other capabilities ?

2wd-4/awd?

Tow capacity?

Cargo capacity?

what are its other capabilities ?

2wd-4/awd?

Tow capacity?

Cargo capacity?
2 wheel FWD Remember this is a CUV with a bed -AWD is available

2000 lb, came with hitch and wiring outlet

Lots, at least enough for me.

For those who wanted updates: took a drive to here, there and everywhere.
367.jpg
todays trip

20220505_142917.jpg

cummulative total

At 441 miles on the clock, none that I have noticed which would be considered a issue.

Wish the crappy Continental Eco tires were quieter on certain surfaces. At 70 mph there is some wind noise around the mirrors. I have all the tech working. Android auto pops up in seconds, Alexa and Amazon music work good, and Sirius XM connects well . One lite touch of the mic button, brings up a line which shows that it is ready for a voice command and types what you say. The maps on Android Auto work well with or without voice guidance. For a cheapo 8 in infotainment screen it is fast screen to screen. It has rained hard here twice and the paint looks nice after the rain water dries. Just a few dribbles in bed that got thru the hard Tri-Fold Tonneau cover.

I'm sure something will come up. Will keep y'all informed.

At 441 miles on the clock, none that I have noticed which would be considered a issue.

Wish the crappy Continental Eco tires were quieter on certain surfaces. At 70 mph there is some wind noise around the mirrors. I have all the tech working. Android auto pops up in seconds, Alexa and Amazon music work good, and Sirius XM connects well . One lite touch of the mic button, brings up a line which shows that it is ready for a voice command and types what you say. The maps on Android Auto work well with or without voice guidance. For a cheapo 8 in infotainment screen it is fast screen to screen. It has rained hard here twice and the paint looks nice after the rain water dries. Just a few dribbles in bed that got thru the hard Tri-Fold Tonneau cover.

I'm sure something will come up. Will keep y'all informed.
Are they the ProContact TX ? If so , they were the O.E.M. for the '18 ACCENT . Did well in rain and light snow . Just had them replaced . Were close to 4/32s' . Had even wear and kept at around 35 P.S.I.. They did have good rolling resistance . The car has averaged 39 m.p.g. calculated since new .

Are they the ProContact TX ? If so , they were the O.E.M. for the '18 ACCENT . Did well in rain and light snow . Just had them replaced . Were close to 4/32s' . Had even wear and kept at around 35 P.S.I.. They did have good rolling resistance . The car has averaged 39 m.p.g. calculated since new .
They are the TX's. Good rolling resistance but ride hard at 35psi IMO. I will probably be replacing after the winter of '22-'23 before the next winter season.

Back