4l80e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta love these trusty steeds. Lol. I blew a rear brake line this fall....on the interstate....an hour from home. Ugh. That was fun getting her back home. Only took 3 pints of brake fluid. Lol

Originally Posted By: 99Burb454
There is no big one on the passenger side. The large case connector harness is on the drivers side between input and output speed sensors. I’m thinking it’s something electrical and I’m about to chance driving it to the auto parts store to find out what the codes are. Lol. I’m fed up with the guessing game and ready to get my beloved Burb back on the road

It is good to know what the codes are. You can get an OBDII reader for under $30 now. I bought a couple of them and gave them as Christmas presents for family members.

Originally Posted By: 99Burb454
Any and all feedback would be appreciated. Especially so from mr Clinebarger

Man, I have a hard time reading a giant run-on sentence!!!

"Mud" in the bottom of the pan generally means the TCC Lining is coming apart, The stock converter & TCC Clutch is the weakest part on 4L80E's!!

The grinding & 4wd fuse business usually means you need to fix/replace the "Encoder Motor" &/or Range Switches! Keep in mind the T-Case has a Neutral! If it gets between neutral & engaged.....It will grind like [censored].

Originally Posted By: rubberchicken
I have a 97 K2500, 454 4x4 with 4l80e trans. Although it is a beater due to the paint problems, I do not have problems with the trans, other than this: if it sits for a very long time, it seems to be slow to go into gear the first time, regardless of D or R. It seems to take like 2-4 seconds to go into gear the first time. After that its fine.

Right now its sitting due to a blown front brake line that I will repair eventually. Not sure what I am going to do with it long term.

My 98 K3500 454 with the 4L80E does the same thing. If it sits a long time without running the trans feels like it is slow initially but it does it mostly during the cold weather and not so much during the warmer months of the year.

This truck only has 115,000 miles on it. I did have a guy who had access to the dealer's computer system look up my truck up to see what kind of things were done to it while it was still under warranty and it had a transmission valve body replacement pretty early on in it's life.

A couple of years ago my truck blew the rear brake line next to the gas tank and that was a big pain to replace. Mine sat for several weeks before I got that fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back