4L80E rebuild

I’m going to rebuild a 4L80E using jakes performance stage 2 rebuild kit. I’m going to use the superior shift kit and I’m going to the dual feed direct clutches. I want to know if I do all that can I still run the sonnax overrun clutch valve.

I’m going to rebuild a 4L80E using jakes performance stage 2 rebuild kit. I’m going to use the superior shift kit and I’m going to the dual feed direct clutches. I want to know if I do all that can I still run the sonnax overrun clutch valve.

I think there is a member on here named Clinebarger, he has rebuilt and done some work on these transmissions.

I don't foresee any issues, I wouldn't run the Superior kit though, Run a Sonnax 34200-01K boost valve kit (Use with Jake's PR Spring) & drill the Pump Cover for full time lube. AFL Filter break-up hasn't been an issue in years.....Just be sure to install a new filter!!

I don't foresee any issues, I wouldn't run the Superior kit though, Run a Sonnax 34200-01K boost valve kit (Use with Jake's PR Spring) & drill the Pump Cover for full time lube. AFL Filter break-up hasn't been an issue in years.....Just be sure to install a new filter!!
Is it a good idea to do the 3-4 accumulator delete? It’s going behind a LS1 383 mild build. Might see 500 at the crank. It will be a street truck with a show off run hear and there with fat tires and 3:55 gears. Thank for the help.

A well built stock Dual Fed 4L80E with Jakes PR spring will handle 500hp easily......

You really don't need the Sonnax Overrun kit.....If you're going to beat on it, Use D3....This brings on the Overruns & helps support the O/D Roller Clutch. The Sonnax Overrun kit is more suited to loaded/overloaded "Company" trucks that get thrashed by employees.

Deleting the 3rd & 4th Accumulators & Housing is recommended on most all performance builds.

A well built stock Dual Fed 4L80E with Jakes PR spring will handle 500hp easily......

You really don't need the Sonnax Overrun kit.....If you're going to beat on it, Use D3....This brings on the Overruns & helps support the O/D Roller Clutch. The Sonnax Overrun kit is more suited to loaded/overloaded "Company" trucks that get thrashed by employees.

Deleting the 3rd & 4th Accumulators & Housing is recommended on most all performance builds.
Thank you for the info. I appreciate the help.

Back