41,000 mile oci 2015 vw jetta

Why does the title of this thread say "Jetta" and the Blackstone report list the vehicle as a Passat?

I own two 2015 Volkswagen EA288 TDI diesels. One has 37k miles and the other has 20k miles. The manufacturer interval is 10k miles. I have shortened that interval to about 8k and have used Red Line 5W30 Euro or Ravenol VMP. Even boutique oil is cheap compared to a new engine. I have started buying the M1 ESP Euro 5W30 504/507 for all the rigs I maintain except my DD. It will continue getting the Red Line.
How do you like those oils? Have you done any uoas?

How do you like those oils? Have you done any uoas?
I use the Red Line on my DD because of the cold soak situation, -40F for 12 hour durations in the winter from time to time. I like the polarity aspect of the ester content and the cold flow/pumping characteristics as published. The same goes for the Ravenol but it is costlier. I believe there are some VOA's for both on this site. Not sure if there are any UOA's. Search around and let me know. I have swapped all my other vehicles to M1 ESP 5W30 Euro. Cheap in comparison to the Red Line and Ravenol but good enough for everyone elses rigs I maintain.The 504/507 spec makes for some exemplary oil.

I use the Red Line on my DD because of the cold soak situation, -40F for 12 hour durations in the winter from time to time. I like the polarity aspect of the ester content and the cold flow/pumping characteristics as published. The same goes for the Ravenol but it is costlier. I believe there are some VOA's for both on this site. Not sure if there are any UOA's. Search around and let me know. I have swapped all my other vehicles to M1 ESP 5W30 Euro. Cheap in comparison to the Red Line and Ravenol but good enough for everyone elses rigs I maintain.The 504/507 spec makes for some exemplary oil.
Wow that's cold! Can you start without a block heater?

Wow that's cold! Can you start without a block heater?
I have a Frost heater and utilize it when there are available receptacles in the work parking lot, it is hit and miss. It does start but it ain't real happy. I will usually do two or three glow plug cycles before I crank it over. It starts quickly on a cylinder or two and after a few seconds the rest join in. New Jersey is a more temperate climate and Amsoil is good oil but with that being said, I still wouldn't stretch the interval like you are doing, but it's your car.

Last edited:
Back