4 USED(maybe half spent) Pirelli 6000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably would help to know what size, but it's a waste of money buying half used tires and paying to mount and balance them. On rims is a different story.

+2, idiots selling tires for half of what *they* paid including balancing doesn't help the next guy who has to pay that again.

I bought those tires new for my BMW and they degraded over time to the point they were barely driveable...Worst tires I have ever owned except for Firestone 721s

OK case closed, will move on to the NEXT overpriced brand new (or used but not) tire option. none of it (used or new tires) helps anyone if you think about how overpriced ALL OF IT is! was pretty sure these were junk anyway being xyz brand. and you can find unprofessional anywhere (new or used)

Last edited:
Yes, the 2nd half of a tires life does not equal the first part of its life. I make it a point to tell used tires sellers that. I mention the remounting costs, too. Now, if you could get them for $100 instead of $160, I would do it. Last set of used truck tires I bought, with rims included, was for $120 instead of the $225 he was asking.

Originally Posted By: 06VtecV6
OK case closed, will move on to the NEXT overpriced brand new (or used but not) tire option. none of it (used or new tires) helps anyone if you think about how overpriced ALL OF IT is! was pretty sure these were junk anyway being xyz brand. and you can find unprofessional anywhere (new or used)

The only used tire can be purchased are the ones at car dealers and good tire chains such as AT/DT. Especially the OEM tires on new vehicles owners up size plus 1 or plus 2, these tires can be as little as 100 miles or less.

I have had great luck on Craigslist. Most recent tire score; two new BfGoodrich T/As 255/40/18, stickers on them, $100

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

The only used tire can be purchased are the ones at car dealers and good tire chains such as AT/DT. Especially the OEM tires on new vehicles owners up size plus 1 or plus 2, these tires can be as little as 100 miles or less.

I've had good luck at junkyards, the cars are scrapped for other reasons. At a tire shop, if there's a used tire for sale, someone ran it and hated it for some reason.

Got an offer for 4 for 40 dollars per tire. IS this a good deal or is it never a good idea to buy used tires (from unPROfessional humans)

research these tyres properly, I never liked them unless you need to locate the closest ditch....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back