3UZ-FE Oil Weight / Type

Hi all,

I'm after some advice in relation to my 3UZ-FE engine in a Lexus LS430 (newly acquired).

Oil Weight

The Lexus forums seem to preach 5w30 oils in these engines and strictly nothing else. Previous owner used 5w40 oils and to date, I have changed the oil once with 5w40.

On review of the owners manual, it seems I can use viscosities in the range between 5w30 and 10w40 (Australia). I was planning on using redline 5w40 for my next oil change (heading into summer) and then reverting to a 5w30 that I picked up off a friend (see below)

Given that 3UZ-FE owners on other forums are so adamant about 5w30 use, I thought I would check with the BITOG experts?

Oil Type

I picked up some Motul 8100 X Clean + 5w30 for next to nothing from a friend of mine. It is a C3 Oil. I was planning on using this in my family's 2019 VW Polo (1.0L 3cyl) but thought it may be a good fit for my LS430. Can I use C3 oil in my LS430? I was planning on adding a dose of Liquimoly Ceratec in there and running a long interval.

Appreciate all thoughts! Probably overthinking it, but this is BITOG!

In the US the way the owners manual is written 5W30 seems like the only option, but run any oil in them as long as it's pumpable enough in your climate it's fine, use just about any A3 oil you want, C3 would be fine too, really doesn't matter if it's Xw30 or Xw40, just about any oil with a 5W to 20W winter rating should be fine in Melbourne.

It's a naturally aspirated port injected engine. Run whatever you want and melbourne isnt cold. If it was my engine i'd just throw diesel rated oil or an ll-04 rated euro grade if it's on sale which is what i do with my trucks.

It's a naturally aspirated port injected engine. Run whatever you want and melbourne isnt cold. If it was my engine i'd just throw diesel rated oil or an ll-04 rated euro grade if it's on sale which is what i do with my trucks.
OP is in Australia I'd just use what 10W40 or 15W40 A3/B4 oil is on sale like Nulon syn blend, Valvoline Engine Armour syn blend, Shell Helix HX7.

Back