3 Fram Ultra's Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by tundraotto
You can just fold the media after cutting it and use the vise you have on the background to squeeze the remaining oil out of the media....particles will remain on the filter media to see - if any.

I cut open and removed the oil filter media from the Fram XG10575 and Amsoil EaBP90 off my 07 GMC Yukon Denali w/6.2 this week. I tried the vise idea, but there's just too much element material to get into the vice to squeeze the remaining oil out quickly. I'll do as I always do, let them hang for a week and let gravity do its thing. Besides, it takes a week or more to get the UOA results back.

I'll post the results with pics of the drained elements in a new thread soon, around 3/27/20 I'm guessing.

Originally Posted by jetman
Originally Posted by tundraotto
You can just fold the media after cutting it and use the vise you have on the background to squeeze the remaining oil out of the media....particles will remain on the filter media to see - if any.

I cut open and removed the oil filter media from the Fram XG10575 and Amsoil EaBP90 off my 07 GMC Yukon Denali w/6.2 this week. I tried the vise idea, but there's just too much element material to get into the vice to squeeze the remaining oil out quickly. I'll do as I always do, let them hang for a week and let gravity do its thing. Besides, it takes a week or more to get the UOA results back.

I'll post the results with pics of the drained elements in a new thread soon, around 3/27/20 I'm guessing.

So you're saying that while standing on solid ground, it's proper for filter media to do it's own gravity thing hanging, but don't try the gravity-thing hanging in the air driving a jet?
Sounds about proper to me!...
48.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Farnsworth
Why is the top one white, been driving in ashes?
laugh.gif

Ultras seem to have 2 different colors of media, some are white, some are more pink (guessing oil makes it more brownish pink).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back