2nd gen Focus owners, I need your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm anxiously awaiting my suvlights.com headlight harness, it should be here tomorrow
smile.gif
This Focus is the first car I've had in a long time that didn't have fog lights. This car does have a factory fog light option, and I could buy both fog lights, the relay, and both fog light bezels/covers for about $225 shipped... these would be genuine Ford parts. The only thing is, these fog lights are darn small and I doubt they do much good.

I've scoured the front of the car, and I'm looking for a spot to mount some good, quality aftermarket fog lamps. Something like Hella's or whatnot. I've done some good aftermarket fog lamp installs in the past, once as an addition, and the other time was to replace a set of factory fogs (one broke, so i replaced both). But on this car, I cannot find any place to mount fog lamps. Not behind the grill, not behind the lower part of the bumper, and not in the spot where the factory fog lights would go, because it would look gaudy (I'd have to mount them, but remove the plastic bezel and there would be an ugly gap). Has anyone installed some aftermarket fogs on a Focus before? The only mildly feasible idea that I had was to mount them in the front license plate spot. In Michigan we aren't required to have front license plates, so I was thinking of mounting 2 round 4" or 5" Hella rally style fog lamps there. I just don't want it to look gaudy or rice-ish. I just want it to be practical and enhance my light output, also without blinding others.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 229
Go with genuine Ford parts for the proper look.

I would, but I doubt the factory fog lamps do anything other than look nice. The actual usable light they produce is very little most likely (like most factory fog lamps). I was thinking of doing the infamous "angle-iron license plate bracket" mount, with 2 Hella 500's, or two slightly smaller round lights. I'd wire them manually with a relay and inline fuse, of course, with their own switch.

Last edited:
Anybody have pictures of EUROPEAN 2nd gen Focus w/fogs? They may have a way to be better w/out being terribly ugly. Also, I wonder if the German headlights are better, and how hard to get either the German lights OR a Chinese copy of the German, not American, lights. The gen 2 US Focus is supposed to be much more interchangeable with the Euro versions. And better Bosch or Cibie oem lights might be a better deal. Focus website, anyone?

Originally Posted By: bmwjohn
Anybody have pictures of EUROPEAN 2nd gen Focus w/fogs? They may have a way to be better w/out being terribly ugly. Also, I wonder if the German headlights are better, and how hard to get either the German lights OR a Chinese copy of the German, not American, lights. The gen 2 US Focus is supposed to be much more interchangeable with the Euro versions. And better Bosch or Cibie oem lights might be a better deal. Focus website, anyone?

Actually, the U.S. 2nd gen Focus is completely different than the European 2nd gen. The 1st gen was almost identical, in both U.S. and Euro trim. But starting in 2005 when our Focus got a "facelift", they got a whole new car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back