22LR CCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am unable to find any 22LR for my Bersa pistol. The preferred shells are CCI Mini Mags or Stinger or Remington Golden. I've tried other brands and get too many miss fires. The CCI & Rem shells are those recommended by Bersa. Any sources I should check? Ed

Type ammo bot in the search engine and start watching the different sites. I've heard Cabela's has 22lr regularly. Midway has it from time to time, you can set up email alerts but you have to jump on it right now.

Try to time your future CCI 22lr ammo purchases for summers. That's when stock appears to be at it best. This is usually the worst time of year to go 22lr ammo hunting.

You have a Cabelas and/or Field & Stream store nearish you? Finding the popular .22LR ammo sucks. I found CCI Stingers and Velocitors at Cabelas a few weeks ago and went back the following weekend and the only .22LR they had was expensive match grade ammo. Found inexpensive bricks of Federal .22LR at Wal-Mart right after Xmas.

In my opinion, the Velocitor is better as a self defense round than the MiniMag if your gun is reliable with it.

202frq.jpg

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Type ammo bot in the search engine and start watching the different sites. I've heard Cabela's has 22lr regularly. Midway has it from time to time, you can set up email alerts but you have to jump on it right now.

That's what I've done...and I've got 5000 rounds of .22...even though I don't own a .22.

I dislike the idea of being caught in another ammunition "crisis" created by political decisions...or worse, being told that I can't buy it any more.

My kid brother can no longer buy ammo easily. He lives in Connecticut. Law changed overnight, and he now has to have a permit to buy any ammo, and he can only buy it in a store...

When we were camping in the woods of PA last summer, I gave him a few hundred rounds of 10mm because he can't find it in Connecticut.

Originally Posted By: Astro14

My kid brother can no longer buy ammo easily. He lives in Connecticut. Law changed overnight, and he now has to have a permit to buy any ammo, and he can only buy it in a store...

When we were camping in the woods of PA last summer, I gave him a few hundred rounds of 10mm because he can't find it in Connecticut.

Mighty scary stuff for a supposedly "free country".
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: KCJeep

Mighty scary stuff for a supposedly "free country".
crazy2.gif

A few years back, I happened to be talking with a Massachusetts State Trooper about firearms. I described buying a couple of Glocks one afternoon...he sighed and said "I can't even buy a Glock in Mass...". He asked what the rules were in VA - I told him: pass the background check and make sure you've got the room on your credit card. I can buy as many as I want on that day. His reply was priceless:

"That's because you live in America!"

I dislike the idea of being caught in another ammunition "crisis" created by political decisions...or worse, being told that I can't buy it any more.

Do you know if having to have a permit to buy ammo is actually a law or just a store policy? The reason I ask is that in NYS, WalMart requires you to show your pistol permit to buy ammo that may be used in a pistol (sidebar - very arbitrary, right? Is 22LR pistol or rifle ammo? That example is mostly moot because W*M never has 22LR in stock anyway) however other stores such as Gander Mountain or any real gun shop doesn't require a permit. In other words, it's WalMart policy, not state law.

It's the new law, passed with no public debate and no notice after Newtown...which includes many, many new restrictions.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/agopinions/CTBanOnFirearms_Mags_Bill.pdf

http://www.ct.gov/despp/lib/despp/slfu/faqs_06192013.pdf

Among them: the requirement to register (using a notarized form) all your "high-capacity" magazines...and makes it a felony for failure to comply. The police also now have the right to inspect your storage without a warrant...suspending the 4th Amendment for that purpose.

Put those two elements of this law together: if they find a magazine during their inspection that they think wasn't registered, they can arrest you on a felony. Since magazines don't have serial numbers, it's hard to prove whether you registered that particular magazine or not...

Back on topic: ammo companies cannot ship to Connecticut. All ammo must be bought in a store after showing your permit. That's the Connecticut law.

Meanwhile, back in America, 500 rounds of 30-06 for my M1 Garand is on it's way to my house...for half the price of my local gun store...

Last edited:
More legislating honest citizens into criminals, that will do nothing to lower crime. While leaving the criminal element of our society totally unscathed to roam and do at will.

Originally Posted By: billt460
More legislating honest citizens into criminals, that will do nothing to lower crime. While leaving the criminal element of our society totally unscathed to roam and do at will.

The criminal element comes in handy for the lawmakers, so we wouldn't want to eliminate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back