212cc predator Go-Kart

My Uncle has a Go-kart it has a 212cc predator engine, I checked the oil & it was quite low, the only thing I had on hand was VP racing Small engine oil SAE 30/10w30 left over from the oil change I did on my Grandma's mower, so I topped it off with that, my question is will this oil work in the Go-kart without causing any issues, I don't know much about Go-Karts, but it's 4th of July & the children that are out here find a lot of joy riding the Kart so I didn't want their feelings to be hurt.

You would have to be the world's biggest scrooge to deny some kids a go cart over an oil viscosity opinion.

Also that oil's great.
Agreed, personally I like VP small engine oil, I've used it on 3 oil changes I've done for people I know, earlier I used it on a Honda self propelled mower that hadn't had an oil change in a really long time, the children had a blast riding the Go-Kart last night & their smiles made it worth the time I took putting the belt on & topping the oil off, I'm not going to lie I took the Go-Kart for a ride myself & it brought back some good memories from my childhood, it seems like all I do anymore is work & it felt great to get out of the grown up mindset for a while.

Back