‘21 Toyota Sienna/ A25A-FXS / 55,000 miles / Pennzoil Platinum 0w16 / 5,000 miles

"but I have my doubts it's anything out of the ordinary with current gen vehicles."

That's why I added the last part. I don't see them doing it either but you never know.

Nobody is going to be ripping apart the block and sending out the fuel injectors for testing to insure they’re operating properly and not leaking when they shouldn’t.

Nobody is going to be testing spark plugs and coils to make sure they’re firing at 100% to insure they’re burning all the fuel like they should.

There’s nothing to inspect or investigate in these situations. It’s a combination of engine design and end user usage that’s to blame.

Until I see UOA of a healthy engine producing low wear with ZERO FUEL and then outta nowhere the next UOA now with a good dose of fuel dilution added into the mix and INCREASED Engine wear showing… I don’t see how the typical fuel dilution numbers that we see in these reports is anything to freak out over. 🤷🏻‍♂️
In one post you’re suggesting a thicker oil is needed or the engine may be compromised. And in another post you’re suggesting nothing is wrong since even with fuel diluted 0w16 the engine was just fine. So which is it? You’re all over the map here.

@ATex7239 — every thread is different and requires a different reply based on how the comments are from the owner and all the Bobs in the room throwing in their 2 cents. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I like playing from both sides of the field just to mess with the Bobs 🤭😏😈

the first post, OP mentions some short tripping.

I don't like short tripping, hybrid or not... if I have to move my car in the morning (shuffle cars on the driveway), i'll make sure to go out on a longer trip later in the day.

I fixed the error in your post for ya. 👍🏼

I appreciate the help MOM, but I don't need any push toward the "thickie" side. My favorite oil is 5-30 and 0-40. For this application, I indeed would have worked my way up the "thickie" ladder and given the 20wt a try. Just for a run and UOA and likely on to 5-30.

I don't like short tripping, hybrid or not... if I have to move my car in the morning (shuffle cars on the driveway), i'll make sure to go out on a longer trip later in the day.

Nice to know I'm not the only 🥥 out there :ROFLMAO: I get antsy if I have to driveway move a vehicle, especially in winter!

We take care of the vehicle but it doesn’t get babied. I don’t typically alter my day for the vehicle’s sake. I’d rather run a thicker oil in the winter and go about my business as usual.

We take care of the vehicle but it doesn’t get babied. I don’t typically alter my day for the vehicle’s sake. I’d rather run a thicker oil in the winter and go about my business as usual.
Run definitely thicker oil. Get block heater. I did that on 2015 Sienna as it needed forever to warm up. When I rented hybrid to see whether we want to get it, it had same issue, than some.
Get block heate at NAPA, give it to dealership to install just so you are on safe side warranty wise. That will dramatically accelerate oil warm up in the morning.

Run definitely thicker oil. Get block heater. I did that on 2015 Sienna as it needed forever to warm up. When I rented hybrid to see whether we want to get it, it had same issue, than some.
Get block heate at NAPA, give it to dealership to install just so you are on safe side warranty wise. That will dramatically accelerate oil warm up in the morning.
Yeah. Nah.

Back