21 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend Engine Oil

I recently purchased a 2021 Ford Bronco Sport with the 1.5 liter 3 cylinder Eco Boost engine. It has 17000 miles on it. It calls for 5w20. What oil would you recommend for it? Change intervals as well. I was thinking Motorcraft synthetic blend or Shell Rotellla gas truck.

Can't really go wrong with either of those oils. I'd stick with factory recommended interval, and perhaps adjust that depending on your driving style. If you drive primarily short trips or stop and go with little highway use, err on the more frequent side. And vice versa, if you drive primarily on the highway for long(er) distances, there should be no issues extending the oil change interval out to what the factory recommends. Don't go beyond it for warranty reasons.

I would check the owner's manual to see what oil certifications Ford has specified. More modern engines are spec'ing a Xw020 weright oil.

I wouldn't go over 6mos./5k miles with that small turbo engine. The oils listed are fine along with Castrol Magnatec since that has done great in the larger Ford turbo engines type business. Thank you.

Can't really go wrong with either of those oils. I'd stick with factory recommended interval, and perhaps adjust that depending on your driving style. If you drive primarily short trips or stop and go with little highway use, err on the more frequent side. And vice versa, if you drive primarily on the highway for long(er) distances, there should be no issues extending the oil change interval out to what the factory recommends. Don't go beyond it for warranty reasons.
It states 7500 to 10000 depending on your driving style. Mine is 90% highway 10% in town. I drive 50 miles to work and back. So at least 100 miles a day. It also has an oil life monitor which I’ve never had before.

I would check the owner's manual to see what oil certifications Ford has specified. More modern engines are spec'ing a Xw020 weright oil.
It specs a 5w20 unless in extreme cools environments and a 0w20 can be used.

I wouldn't go over 6mos./5k miles with that small turbo engine. The oils listed are fine along with Castrol Magnatec since that has done great in the larger Ford turbo engines type business. Thank you.
Sounds good! I’ve have excellent luck with Castrol in years past in a VW I had.

The owners manual gives the required oils specifications. Any name brand oil from the major oil companies will do the job .

It states 7500 to 10000 depending on your driving style. Mine is 90% highway 10% in town. I drive 50 miles to work and back. So at least 100 miles a day. It also has an oil life monitor which I’ve never had before.
Ford's only goal is to get you past warranty, and to show low total cost of ownership for buyers, extended oci is one way to do that.
Call it having to deal with Ford on the fleet side for 2 decades.
I'm with satinsilver on the 5,000 mile max oil change interval.

I probably have the same engine (3 cylinder, 1.5 L) in my 2021 Ford Escape.

The Motorcraft Synthetic Blend (factory fill) shows - MEETS FORD WSS-M2C960-A1
Mobil 1 (full synthetic) also shows that spec.

I plan on doing 5,000 changes using Mobil 1 Full Synthetic.

The new Ford Broncos look nice, I hope you enjoy it.

I probably have the same engine (3 cylinder, 1.5 L) in my 2021 Ford Escape.

The Motorcraft Synthetic Blend (factory fill) shows - MEETS FORD WSS-M2C960-A1
Mobil 1 (full synthetic) also shows that spec.

I plan on doing 5,000 changes using Mobil 1 Full Synthetic.

The new Ford Broncos look nice, I hope you enjoy it.
Thank you!

I recently purchased a 2021 Ford Bronco Sport with the 1.5 liter 3 cylinder Eco Boost engine. It has 17000 miles on it. It calls for 5w20. What oil would you recommend for it? Change intervals as well. I was thinking Motorcraft synthetic blend or Shell Rotellla gas truck.

I wouldn't bother with the MC, it's a fine oil but for pricing you can get a full synthetic for less. I like Mobil 1 5W-20 and think it might be a bit of a diamond in the rough when you look through the MSDS and PDS...

Back