2024 Silverado EV - Revealed

I think that's why the Lightning performs so poorly, it resembles a normal truck with normal truck aerodynamics.
I would agree. It’s the downside of taking an ICE truck and plopping a battery into it bs designing something from the ground up. On the flip side, I find most other EV trucks just plain ugly so it’s a trade off.

Im having a rough time liking the looks of all the EV pickups.
I guess one day I will get used to it but I just dont see how simply because I have seen so many tastefully done ICE pickups that I think look awesome and these EV trucks are hitting me from like something out of left field.

They just look so domesticated and toylike. Well, I dont have to worry about it, dont own a pick up, dont plan on it but I do really like them, yet not the EV ones. So I guess I dont matter :unsure:

Oops!
Ps, I like the Denali EV pickup someone in here posted... there is a start!

Last edited:
Who wants to bet on the 400 mile range?
Now they are claiming 450 on the work truck version.

Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 3.58.48 PM.jpg

Who wants to bet on the 400 mile range?

Max EPA range is 355 miles for the 24 module Hummer EV pickup. Take the same battery, massively improve aero, make it lighter, switch to all-season tires, go from 3 motors to 2, etc.

400 miles should be easily achievable for higher trims. Hopefully even the 450 miles EPA for that 3WT model.

Last edited:
Max EPA range is 355 miles for the 24 module Hummer EV pickup. Take the same battery, massively improve aero, make it lighter, switch to all-season tires, go from 3 motors to 2, etc.

400 miles should be easily very achievable for higher trims. Hopefully even the 450 miles EPA for that 3WT model.

Should be able to get 2 Mpkwh.

Now that it can run on the supercharge network you can actually take a reliable easy trip with it.

Im wondering if they are going to open up up further for more than 350KW.
The V4 superchargers are good for 615KW and 1000 volts. That should be fairly future resistant, and handle trucks pretty well.

I'll say as a guy that doesn't care for trucks, I don't hate it and it definitely won't be mistaken for anything but a Chevy. I think they styled it well.

If profiled correctly - this vehicle should have "about" 288 usable miles of range daily,

400 @ 80% daily start point = 320

320 - 90% on an unscheduled road trip gives you 288 miles to first charge point.

I start to get uncomfortable on unknown routes arriving with less than 10% remaining.

On known routes Im pretty good down to 4-5.

Last edited:
Now they are claiming 450 on the work truck version.

View attachment 162619
Ill take the WT and skip the "cool" features/ I wonder if they qualify for the taxpayer funded $7,500?
I can see these things flying out of the showrooms but doubt they will be easy to buy. Dealers wont want to sell them, people might pay cash, will be hard to inflate the price and big loss in financing them.
No worries... the average Joe will put down his hard earned cash and commit to a 7 or 8 year loan on one with the "coolest features" 🥳
I remember a time when it was fun to buy a base model vehicle and customize it to my taste. This could be a fun project at that price.

I like it, man I think GM has it going on if they can pull off introducing all these EVs over the next 5 years. Before American awakes up and asks, where can I buy cheap electricity for my vehicle?

Ill take the WT and skip the "cool" features/ I wonder if they qualify for the taxpayer funded $7,500?
I can see these things flying out of the showrooms but doubt they will be easy to buy. Dealers wont want to sell them, people might pay cash, will be hard to inflate the price and big loss in financing them.
No worries... the average Joe will put down his hard earned cash and commit to a 7 or 8 year loan on one with the "coolest features" 🥳
I remember a time when it was fun to buy a base model vehicle and customize it to my taste. This could be a fun project at that price.

I like it, man I think GM has it going on if they can pull off introducing all these EVs over the next 5 years.

The two lower end models will probably at least partially qualify, but Im unsure where the battery itself is built? as thats a component of the credit.

I agree I think they will fly off the lots.
I think dealers are going to love them given they will be able to hang ADM on them and make a ton of money that way regardless of the margin in the truck.

Yeah these will go out a ways in terms ....like every other half ton most of these will get 176'd with accelerated depreciation as they are easily over 6K GVWR resulting in a double dip to the taxpayer.

I remember the good old days in the 80's when we bought base model trucks and put on painted roll pans and bed mods - it was a lot of fun and we had really unique fun vehicle to drive. Lots of guys lowered their trucks that was never my deal as I always had something to tow.

Im hoping the general gets it right and Ultium lives up the hype.

I remember the good old days in the 80's when we bought base model trucks and put on painted roll pans and bed mods - it was a lot of fun and we had really unique fun vehicle to drive. Lots of guys lowered their trucks that was never my deal as I always had something to tow.

Im hoping the general gets it right and Ultium lives up the hype.
Yeah, it's a new world for the majority, used to be cool modifying a car or truck... oh well. I still tow but much lighter now, 20 foot Chaparral (guessing around 3000 ish lbs... not sure how much longer in our new home, will see.

I agree about the General ... for 90 years they have been muddling through, still as #1 but this could be the turning point and I am not sure which way that will go yet, meaning for the better or worse. Interesting times all around in this decade. The next thing states grapple with is how to tax for the road, we are going to see whole slew of mileage taxes and sales tax at the EV charges.
I dont mean this as a negative ... I never thought of the EV charger tax but some states have already raised that possibility.

Last edited:
Silverado EV does qualify for the full $7,500 rebate ($80,000 MSRP limit)

Batteries are made in Ohio (currently). The Tennessee and Michigan battery plants are under construction.

Will the dealers mark up the MSRP? Depends on demand. We will just have to wait and see.
I have my doubts about GM but hope I am wrong.

Will the dealers mark up the MSRP? Depends on demand. We will just have to wait and see.
I have my doubts about GM but hope I am wrong.

Of course they will - when have GM dealers failed to do this on anything remotely desirable?

Even years after launch the 69K vette is about as easy to find as Jimmy Hoffa

We know the blaze/ equinox wont be trip competitive from a peak rate alone.

You cant show up to the party 100 KW or more below the comptiton and expect 15 minute stops or a competitive trip time.

Silverado EV does qualify for the full $7,500 rebate ($80,000 MSRP limit)

Batteries are made in Ohio (currently). The Tennessee and Michigan battery plants are under construction.

So 3 trim levels qualify.

So 3 trim levels qualify.
Ultimately there should be a bunch that qualify (??) Sounds like Silverado EV will eventually be trimmed like the ICE versions. LT, High Country, Trail Boss, etc. Small batteries, big batteries, 1 motor, 2 motor, etc. I’d assume there will be lots of $55k-$79k options, likely all with the smaller batteries though.

Last edited:
Recommended tongue weight for 10k is from 1000-1500 lbs., 1300 lb payload doesn't leave much room for a decent hitch and a driver and nothing else at the low end. For 8k it's 800-1200 lbs. , again hardly doable. 20k towing?

Why can't they just have honest specs? This crap gets people in trouble.
I know what you mean. Adjustable Ball Hitch Height & Weight Distribution hitch are mandatory. Even then I would wonder if 20k would still come in below 1200 LBS of payload.

Of course they will - when have GM dealers failed to do this on anything remotely desirable?

Even years after launch the 69K vette is about as easy to find as Jimmy Hoffa

We know the blaze/ equinox wont be trip competitive from a peak rate alone.

You cant show up to the party 100 KW or more below the comptiton and expect 15 minute stops or a competitive trip time.
The dealership sales model is .... BS. Adds cast with zero benefit. In fact, negative benefit if you consider customer satisfaction.

Back