2023 FL5 CTR

I bought a 2023 CTR a few months ago. It's a daily driver that might get tracked maybe once a summer. I live in the Midwest with cold winters and hot humid summers. My tentative plan is to run a quality full synthetic (right now PUP in the sump) 5w-30 during the hot summer months and the recommended 0w-20 for the balance of the year. I typically run a 4-5k mile OCI. My daily commute for work is about 80 miles and the car is not subject to many short trips. For those that know way more about this than I do does this sound like a solid plan?

I run 5w30 in my accord on stage 3. I prefer valvoline (runs quieter). I change the oil every 4k miles because of fuel dilution.
Since you have winters (I dont) I would definitely use 0w20 in the winter and change more often because of the fuel dilution you will have. Same motor different turbo.

I also recommend you rev it out once a day. Give that GDI system a good italian tune up.

You're going to drive that in the winter? Do they salt where you live? That's a lot of miles to rack up on a CTR.

Awesome car though! What color?

You're going to drive that in the winter? Do they salt where you live? That's a lot of miles to rack up on a CTR.

Awesome car though! What color?
I'm in Cincy. They do salt, but it actually doesn't snow that much. My car is Championship White. I also have a old beat-up pickup truck that I drive to keep some of the miles off the CTR.

If you're planing on keeping the vehicle, don't drive it at below 50F temps (Winter).

5K OCI's on any 5w-30 is a solid plan.

If you're planing on keeping the vehicle, don't drive it at below 50F temps (Winter).

5K OCI's on any 5w-30 is a solid plan.
Is your driving under 50F concern about the summer tires or something do do with the engine (drivetrain) ?

Yup took me a minute... thought it was some kinda Cadillac to start with...

For the uninitiated Civic Type R. FL5 being the latest Civic chassis code.

Back