2023 Dodge Challenger Demon 170

I honestly do not see the point with a vehicle having that much horse power being on public roads.
It’s a dichotomy of sorts with all the very efficient 4T’s, hybrids, and EV’s on the rise …
Looks like last call at 2 am …

I honestly do not see the point with a vehicle having that much horse power being on public roads.
It’s utterly pointless and useless on the road unless you’re driving like a reasonable human being, on street legal tires it will probably spin them at 80mph no problem.

But “drag and drive” and other “one lap of America” type events are gaining popularity. Race your car at the track, put your street legal tires on it, cruise to the next track using the car you raced with, rinse and repeat. You can tow a trailer with your car but you can’t tow the car. 1,000hp ain’t nothing for some of those, guys are out there running 5,000+Hp capable monsters.

Mopar has made some great vehicles and this is one of them. Most of the cars will be driven very little and some will actually be drag raced by people with lots and lots of money to spend on the vehicle, tow vehicle, and trailer. Race on Sunday and sell on Monday.

So the clowns that buy them ,can drive like bigger clowns.ZERO need for 6,7,800+ hp in a street car. Ans most of the people that buy them have NO clue how to handle a car with that much power.

Some folks on the Hellcat sites spent all day calling dozens of dealers. 50 -150k over sticker seems to be the asking price from nearly every stealership. One said 300k over! They’re even backing out of agreements from formerly loyal customers. Only one person that I’m aware of is getting one for MSRP from an honorable dealer. I’m guessing a lot of them will never be driven or raced. Just put away as an investment.

It's their money. I don't care because I don't have inclination to own one. I'd rather have real factory HEMI Dart.
337540731_934695044222144_6226134166527473679_n.jpg

Last edited:
I could never justify spending nearly that much on any vehicle, but if I did the 1st thing I'd do is have a state personalized tag made reading EVISWEAK

Back