2022 Honda civic; 2.2k miles on factory fill Honda 0w-20

I have a 2022 Honda civic i bought new in march of this year. I sent in a oil sample in early June just viewed report and i am concerned with a few things. First is the sample only had 2200 miles on it but fuel dilution was at 3.2 gc silicon was 137 copper at 32 Aluminum was at 16 copper 32 iron at 24. This doesn't look good to me should I be worried? Oil was whatever they used at factory fill. Engine is the 1.5 liter turbo have replaced oil with Pennzoil platinum ultra 0w-20. Thanks in advance for any comments

Wear metals will be higher while everything is wearing in/breaking in. They will (should) go down as more miles are put in car

Some people like to sample early and start a trend but it is kinda pointless to do a uoa on a brand new car, the numbers will be all over the place until they settle down

Last edited:
I have a 2022 Honda civic i bought new in march of this year. I sent in a oil sample in early June just viewed report and i am concerned with a few things. First is the sample only had 2200 miles on it but fuel dilution was at 3.2 gc silicon was 137 copper at 32 Aluminum was at 16 copper 32 iron at 24. This doesn't look good to me should I be worried? Oil was whatever they used at factory fill. Engine is the 1.5 liter turbo have replaced oil with Pennzoil platinum ultra 0w-20. Thanks in advance for any com
It's just break in wear. Those engines dilute fuel so best to go 5k max on ocis.

With that engine you should be happy with 3.2% fuel dilution measured by GC. 5%+ is more usual. And this element is not necessarily associated with miles on the OCI.

How are you driving that car? Mostly city? Short trips?
I go at least ten miles each way to work then drive at least a half hour on highway at least once a week I have been using premium fuel hopping because in my last car I always had less fuel in oil than if I used regular

I go at least ten miles each way to work then drive at least a half hour on highway at least once a week I have been using premium fuel hopping because in my last car I always had less fuel in oil than if I used regular

I would consider that short tripping. The thing is, these engines and CVT combinations keep that engine at a very efficient RPM even on the highway. Keep running a quality synthetic and change every 5000 miles.

Now is it a worry? We don’t know for sure. I have a friend with a CRV and the same engine/CVT. She gets the oil changed when the computer tells her. She has close to 70,000 on it and it runs smoothly.

I would consider that short tripping. The thing is, these engines and CVT combinations keep that engine at a very efficient RPM even on the highway. Keep running a quality synthetic and change every 5000 miles.

Now is it a worry? We don’t know for sure. I have a friend with a CRV and the same engine/CVT. She gets the oil changed when the computer tells her. She has close to 70,000 on it and it runs smoothly.
Thanks was thinking of changing it at 3000 miles using Shaffers 0w-20

The only thing you should really look at on that report is K and Na for coolant leaks. It usually shows more fuel in oil as it was wearing in - though the fuel from the first 1K miles should certainly have been scavenged by the PCV.
I had to step up to a 10W30 in my Ford D.I to quell destructive engine racket on the required 5W20.
Saw only upsides in performance since early spring. - Ken

Can you please take a picture of this in this Thread?
0EA01DBD-20BC-45CC-BBB1-C4458202E2BF.jpeg

Back