2022 F350 7.3L 1000 mi UOA Factory Oil

This was a sample I pulled when I changed the factory oil at 1,000 miles. Replaced oil & filter with M1 Advanced Full Synthetic 5-30 & M1 Filter. Wix doesn't show normal comparison values like Blackstone.

1675136942378.jpg

1675136658911.jpg
1675136806609.jpg

Getting an analysis during the engine's break in period is a waste of time. Having a lot of silicon present should be no surprise. Other than any coolant intrusion, there's not much to be learned.

Getting an analysis during the engine's break in period is a waste of time. Having a lot of silicon present should be no surprise. Other than any coolant intrusion, there's not much to be learned.
Maybe it's interesting to watch the values drop and settle. I don't consider that a waste of time because it's OPs choice, not mine. Value is in the pocket-book of the beholder.

Maybe it's interesting to watch the values drop and settle. I don't consider that a waste of time because it's OPs choice, not mine. Value is in the pocket-book of the beholder.
No, not really.
All we know from this data is that it is not predictive of the long term health of the engine.
We could have readily stated that without the UOA in this circumstance.
This is money down the drain.

I think any oil analysis for the general consumer is a waste of time, but I had a kit on hand and was curious. That's the beauty of living in radio free America.

Yeah I changed the oil & filter at 1,000 (not necessary) and used a prepaid Wix kit I was given just for S's & Giggles. I would have used my Blackstone account if I was concerned about tracking any meaningful trends at 1,000 miles.

Live footage of sharing those results 🤣 here..
bow-arrows.gif

Back