2021 VW Jetta 1.4 CEL - P2635

No, my dealer won’t do anything without cel. With my luck it won’t come on again until after the warranty is over lol.

Mine won't either, even if the car is doing the exact same thing it was last time it had a CEL. :mad:

I've thrown another one now for the same thing, the door module issue. These "Covid cars" are proving to be buggy.

I only run premium in mine as well, any small DI turbo I own is going to get nothing else.

Mine won't either, even if the car is doing the exact same thing it was last time it had a CEL. :mad:

I've thrown another one now for the same thing, the door module issue. These "Covid cars" are proving to be buggy.
Only 13,500 miles on ours but zero issues as far as build quality or annoying bugs other than this. I just hope they identify the problem quickly and that it is not a backordered part. Will see, made an appointment for next Friday.

Only 13,500 miles on ours but zero issues as far as build quality or annoying bugs other than this. I just hope they identify the problem quickly and that it is not a backordered part. Will see, made an appointment for next Friday.
Mechanically our Tiguan is fine, but inside the cabin the infotainment and the ACC have had their share of issues.

Well the CEL went out on its own…just a fluke perhaps? Makes me wonder if damage is being done in background if not getting sufficient fuel pressure.

Well the CEL went out on its own…just a fluke perhaps? Makes me wonder if damage is being done in background if not getting sufficient fuel pressure.
The codes are saved, including the fact that the fault turned the MIL on.

You really should buy a decent scanner.

Quite possibly a fluke. The possibility of damage being done in the background is hovering around .0001%.
I don’t know much regarding the fuel system. I just wondered if stating the HPFP of fuel due to low fuel pressure would be harmful in any way, or create a lean burn scenario.

didn't say expensive, I said decent.

That way you can get some real data beyond P codes which are as good as useless on a modern car.

Yup - did not several of us say Ross Tech? You cant even be sure that scanner is correctly interpreting the data.

The only time i saw that cruise warning light come on was after some poor dragonfly met his or her untimely demise on the front emblem and i am pretty sure it was accompanied by the orange exclamation triangle.

Yup - did not several of us say Ross Tech? You cant even be sure that scanner is correctly interpreting the data.

The only time i saw that cruise warning light come on was after some poor dragonfly met his or her untimely demise on the front emblem and i am pretty sure it was accompanied by the orange exclamation triangle.
Yeah either Ross-Tech VCDS or OBDEleven.

OBD11 is a little easier for people the stomach in the app era

My only real beef with VCDS is that mobile wont do a quick SRI reset on the HexNet. At least it would not last time i tried, you can code the values, but isn't the reason you got mobile out because you wanted quick?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the new Jetta :) j/k.

You have a lot of warranty left, if there's really an issue it'll reappear in short order.
the 2021 is 4/50 bumper-bumper But yeah pleanty of warranty regardless.

What is a cruise control? I think I recall those contraptions on my father's Cadillac Coupe DeVille ages ago

Good luck @gregk24 I hope they address this in short order. Any TSB out relating to this code?

Your VWJetta is probably upset about your Honda(ish) BITOG handle :)

My only real beef with VCDS is that mobile wont do a quick SRI reset on the HexNet. At least it would not last time i tried, you can code the values, but isn't the reason you got mobile out because you wanted quick?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the new Jetta :) j/k.
I think VW is busy building TAOS on that line in Puebla, Mexico.

So it would be a Chevy Malibu 1.4T next :)

The Jetta is my sig is fine at like 40k miles and it gets the **** beat of it - kind of the beater for a 24yo girl. LOL! Gets oil changes roughly when the light comes on but that's about it! No CELs that I know of.

Back