2021 statistics of "Post your latest oil change"

Yeah, I noticed QSUD was $20~ and Castrol at $21 hard to beat. I’ve got some Providence Syn at Rural King for family and friends cheaper18 than ST. Plus they always have plenty of oil
Been stockpiling QSFS the last year. Noticed it jumped from Online Wal-Mart from $18 to $20. Also noticed you can't find QSHMFS now anywhere except for ebay.

Interesting stats and thank you for the time spent to compile.
I think I contributed to 4/5 Total brand oil changes for 2021. I have one more jug to go and am done with Total inventory and move on to Supertech and Pennzoil stocks.

Supertech Oil sales will more than likely go down with there price increases. Heck there new 20,000 mile synthetic oil is more than Pennzoil/QSUD and Castrol at $27.xx for a 5 quart jug. For that kinda money -- I am going with the big name brands. Supertech synthetic blend 5000 mile oil is 17 bucks now for a 5quart jug. There sales will drop is my opinion.
I agree but when the sales do drop the price will go on rollback and be less than the major brands again.

These stats are pretty accurate, but I wouldn't bet my paycheck that the count is exactly perfect. There was a few cold beers consumed while adding up the member submissions. I tallied them up monthly so it wasn't so much work at the end of the year.

273 Mobil/Devlac/Delo
146 Vavoline
122 Castrol
105 Pennzoil
102 Supertech
[...]
41 Brands of oil that were used by 4 or less members, I didn't bother typing out all 41 of them.
With all the recommendations Supertech gets on the forum, I'm surprised at its position. I wonder if folks recommend it but don't necessarily use it.

Last edited:
With all the recommendations Supertech gets on the forum, I'm surprised at its position. I wonder if folks recommend it but don't necessarily use it.
I recommend Supertech to many, but have only used it once personally (ST 15w-40 HDEO in a motorcycle for a 500 mile flush).
Not because I have anything against using Supertech, just I have a stash of oil that I got for a heck of a lot cheaper than Supertech is.
When my stash does finally run dry, Supertech will be my go-to oil if I have to pay retail price for oil.

I recommend Supertech to many, but have only used it once personally (ST 15w-40 HDEO in a motorcycle for a 500 mile flush).
Not because I have anything against using Supertech, just I have a stash of oil that I got for a heck of a lot cheaper than Supertech is.
When my stash does finally run dry, Supertech will be my go-to oil if I have to pay retail price for oil.
Same for me. I was all about recommending Supertech this year but I had a stash of Rotella gas truck I used first. Used Supertech twice and ended up buying a few jugs of QFS for less than Supertech.

I use Amazon for the convenience with certain items, but I always hit the brick and mortar store for my motor oil. Been buying QS at Menards lately.
I quit Costco and will not shop Amazon - live in a small town where Walmart is hard to avoid - so things like that can effect numbers. (and the auto parts prices are high) …

What I find interesting is these wave the synthetic flag threads. Everyone pointing fingers at one major or another - but nobody questioned ST being synthetic - bet you it has 10%-20% EHC … they buy tons of it …
(the new long range would be an exception - likely Grp3 with a good AP)

If Supertech was in a 6quart box, my van would use it. I have no desire to separate 6 quarts from a 12 quart box. Havoline for the win, and probably will remain that way unless the price goes nuts.

Valvoline was on sale for just a couple bucks more than Supertech when I changed my Camry last. I’ve bought 2 changes that day for the Camry, and Valvoline 10w-40 for my Jeep. Also assumed inflation would happen, so it was a stock up hedging against that.

These stats are pretty accurate, but I wouldn't bet my paycheck that the count is exactly perfect. There was a few cold beers consumed while adding up the member submissions. I tallied them up monthly so it wasn't so much work at the end of the year.

273 Mobil/Devlac/Delo
146 Vavoline
122 Castrol
105 Pennzoil
102 Supertech
90 Quaker State
80 Shell/Rotella
60 Napa
45 Kirkland
37 Havoline
36 Frankenblend
35 Amsoil
16 Chevron
16 Redline
15 Royal Purple
13 Schaeffer
13 Kendall
12 Liqui Moly
10 Car Quest
10 Driven GP
9 fram
9 Motorcraft
9 Citgo
9 AC Delco
8 O'Reilly
5 Total Quartz, Puregaurd, Toyota, High Perf. Lubricants

41 Brands of oil that were used by 4 or less members, I didn't bother typing out all 41 of them.
Last change at 128,000 miles using fully synthetic CAM2 5W-20 in a 2006 Lincoln Town Car. Have used that brand and weight since the car had 50,000 miles on it. The engine is a 4.6 Ltr OHC V-8, doesn't use ANY oil between changes (10,000 miles between changes), and gets 20.9 mpg~! I've used 5w-20 in every car I've owned since 1965 when I bought a new Dodge Polara with a 383 V-8.

Back