2021 Kia Sorento hybrid, Amsoil SS 0W20, 3500km

Hello, This is UOA of Kia sorento 1.6 T-GDI Hybrid from South Korea. (not my car)
Total mileage is 4500 km, oil mileage is 3500 km.
15 minute commute each way (90% city)

As a result of checking the stick, the oil has increased significantly.
He said the oil smelled strongly of gasoline.
They said that the results of gasoline analysis (FDM) in the laboratory came out to be 14.1%.
The oil was sampled with a syringe.

SORENTO.png

Last edited:
I have a hard time believing the fuel was that high. This is a 20 grade oil and it's ending viscosity is still 6.1 and TBN over 9. I'd think if fuel was 14% both of those numbers would be much lower.

What is the difference between the two columns? They look almost identical except for the Wear Metals section, where the right column shows more Iron and Aluminum wear than the left column.

14% of the sample was FUEL?!?! 🤨🤔😳🤪
It may not be accurate as it is not GC analysis but Spectrophotometer analysis.
Anyway, this means that there is a lot of gasoline mixed into engine oil.

I have a hard time believing the fuel was that high. This is a 20 grade oil and it's ending viscosity is still 6.1 and TBN over 9. I'd think if fuel was 14% both of those numbers would be much lower.

What is the difference between the two columns? They look almost identical except for the Wear Metals section, where the right column shows more Iron and Aluminum wear than the left column.
It is said that the same oil sample was analyzed twice.

Did you use some race gas or fuel stabilizer? Where is that potassium coming from? I'm surprised to see "so much" tin and vanadium 🤔
What oil are you running now, thicker?

I'll secondly doubt the 14% with 6.1. The minimum is 5.6 and I'd think it would be pretty low with that amount of fuel on a 0w-20. Tin & Vanadium the other poster referenced is not what I believe to be in Amsoil products. Thanks for sharing.

Did you use some race gas or fuel stabilizer? Where is that potassium coming from? I'm surprised to see "so much" tin and vanadium 🤔
What oil are you running now, thicker?
It's not my car so I can't get much information.

Back