2020 Top Ten Most Stolen Vehicles

Understand why Pick Me Ups are on the list but most of the rest are like what's left in the bar at closing time. Driving one of these?

Spoiler alert,

2006 Ford (Full Size) Pickup
2004 Chevrolet (Full Size) Pickup
2000 Honda Civic
1997 Honda Accord
2019 Toyota Camry
2020 Nissan Altima
2005 GMC (Full Size) Pickup
2020 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda CR-V
2001 Dodge (Full Size) Pickup

Only 3 Hondas? :unsure:

Most of the list is either new/almost new or 20 years old. The ones in between have more anti-theft protection but not the fully automated keyless start and go that new cars have.

Honda started taking theft prevention seriously in 2001. The Integra's successor, the RSX, doesn't appear on top 10 stolen lists, for example.

Could it be that these are being parted out or chopped after they are stolen. It would be interesting to see or know how many "whole units" are being recovered.

Agreed. It's the value of the parts and whether many copies of the car have been sold. It's a lot easier to market parts from an F150 or Camry than from a Ferrari.

Most auto thieves aren't starring in Gone in 60 Seconds. These "popular" stolen vehicles are presumably easy to steal and plentiful. Great options for when you need to back something through the front doors of a store at 2am and steal the ATM.

I heard they used to drive at least a small number of stolen vehicles to ports to be loaded onto container ships to the middle east or somewhere - guessing that's not an issue now...

The pickups and Hondas are definitely targets here but pretty much anything gets stolen. Just in the county I live in over 1800 cars were stolen, just in September.

The Super Duty trucks of that era, at least the diesels, mostly didn't have the PATS system. Only the Harley Davidson package diesels had PATS. A friend of mine had his stolen like 4-5 times when he was in Texas. The police found it each time abandoned in the desert after it was driven to Mexico and back smuggling drugs or whatever.

Understand why Pick Me Ups are on the list but most of the rest are like what's left in the bar at closing time. Driving one of these?

Spoiler alert,

2006 Ford (Full Size) Pickup
2004 Chevrolet (Full Size) Pickup
2000 Honda Civic
1997 Honda Accord
2019 Toyota Camry
2020 Nissan Altima
2005 GMC (Full Size) Pickup
2020 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda CR-V
2001 Dodge (Full Size) Pickup

For 2021 for sure its RX350 & Highlander!!

Back