Most stolen vehicles in 2021... (3 of the top 6 are pickups, LOL)

#1 is the Chevy Silverado... most stolen year is a 2004? WHAT?

OK, I've owned a 2004 Silverado since 2006. I honestly have no idea as to why it would be the model year most stolen, nearly 20 years later.

1659733095877.jpg

Kind of a useless list... Look, the most stolen vehicles are the ones that are the biggest sellers overall... who could have guessed!

Sure, not perfect alignment, but shouldn't exactly be a shock in terms of straigt raw numbers either - just a high statistical probability.

Most of Florida was 2020 and 2021 models, dumb tourist leaving the keys in the car I would guess. Vermont is very safe with regards to auto theft. Wisconsin were mostly Hyundai and Kia products, strange.

It stands to reason that pickups are popular with thieves. Pickups can haul a lot of stolen goods. Pickups can tow stolen trailers or or equipment.

Most of Florida was 2020 and 2021 models, dumb tourist leaving the keys in the car I would guess. Vermont is very safe with regards to auto theft. Wisconsin were mostly Hyundai and Kia products, strange.
The "KiaBoyz" are in Milwaukee - ya know the group who are stealing Kia/Hyundai with a USB male plug. Bet the lower brow Hyundai/Kia's make this list soon now that everyone knows how to steal a HK with keyed ignition.

I honestly thought pretty much every car had immobilizers now but guess Hyundai/Kia proved me wrong. Wonder if there are any other manufacturers don't have immobilizers or just Hyundai/Kia.

For some reason, '84 Olds Cutlass' were for a while, the most often stolen car.

I think stolen cars are 1) crimes of opportunity, 2) most stolen cars are dismantled and the parts are sold. Thieves pick the vehicles that share a lot of common parts.

I think stolen cars are 1) crimes of opportunity,

In most places that may be the case but in some like where I am it’s a business. We have well over one thousand vehicles stolen each month.

These people steal everything. The list includes school buses, work trucks, U-Hauls and other rentals, food trucks and so on. Just the other day a concrete cutter machine on a trailer was stolen near me. Not sure what they would do with that.

Back