2020 MacBook Pro screen issue

Canuck - moved to —> California —> Texas —> ???
I need some input from the Apple experts here.
My daughter's 2020 13 inch M1 macbook pro developed a issue pictured below. it actually flickers. Restarted it in recovery and the bar is still there.
I don't see any evidence of this machine being dropped, the screen over-extended or fluids being spilled on it. She said it just started flickering while using it.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I though it would be good to ask before I take it to an apple store.

MacBook screen.jpg

I'm writing this on a 2020 M1 13" MacBook Pro and I have not had any issues with anything. I'm not sure what insights this may give but there is an Apple Hardware testing suite.

Thanks, but I just run it and it came back clean. :(

It's been a long time for me and I am on my phone so will skip Googling this for you: Look for "NVRAM reset". This procedure worked for me on a MacBook Pro a few times ~15 years ago. That'd be my first and likely only thing I'd do that presumes software or firmware error; otherwise I'd chalk this up to hardware.

Well, just as this issue appeared, my daughter said it disappeared. No restart or upgrade install, the flickering bar simply disappeared while she was using the laptop. Really strange and I’m not sure if it’s software or some board component solder failing.

Back