2020 Honda SH125i

Mercy Zee, that’s a Mel Tillis record.

If there is one thing a record owner has control over it’s their vinyl... whether you choose a 33rpm or 45rpm either
will meet and exceed your listening expectations... BUT according
to RCA it is best to use the freer flowing (faster) 45 over the slower
33... Listener tested, the faster spinning 45 appeases critical listening components better than slower 33’s can. Faster spinning records reduce ear strain and poor sound discrimination for the user compared to slower
33’s. Faster 45’s can increase party attendance and lower tension between members of the opposite sex. Using the slower 33’s is going the wrong way...

Last edited:
Mercy Zee, that’s a Mel Tillis record.

... BUT according to RCA it is best to use the freer flowing (faster) 45 over the slower 33...

It's actually because the MVFT (Minimum Vinyl Film Thickness) is greater at higher RPM. :ROFLMAO:

It's actually because the MVFT (Minimum Vinyl Film Thickness) is greater at higher RPM. :ROFLMAO:

Experts would not agree. While auditory elements may favor the 45’s, there can be excessive needle harmonics also known as “needle sling-off” (NSO) at higher speeds. Regardless of MVFT, the risk is very real for the boundary layer surface of the vinyl to suffer damage that a laboratory may not catch with used vinyl analysis (UVA). I thought I saw one from like 15 years ago posted on the internet somewhere using the outdated vinyl formulas that aren’t available anymore. Some vinyl nerds will debate one way or the other, but it’s up to YOU if you want to increase harmonic perception (HP) or take what some would say is the hit on shorter platter life.

Last edited:
Experts would not agree. While auditory elements may favor the 45’s, there can be excessive needle harmonics also known as “needle sling-off” (NSO) at higher speeds. Regardless of MVFT, the risk is very real for the boundary layer surface of the vinyl to suffer damage that a laboratory may not catch with used vinyl analysis (UVA).

Guess it all depends on the needle to vinyl film strength due to the vinyl formulation. :p

Faster 45’s can increase party attendance and lower tension between members of the opposite sex.

Yep that is what I said...

10CWshow26.JPG

Pictures with the hired Models at a motorcycle show are one thing.

But for the sake of our eyes, please don't post pics in your underwear again...

Pictures with the hired Models at a motorcycle show are one thing.

Mercy 02... they are not hired Models... say hello to my fellow fabricators Sukhee and Shelby... they
are not only custom bike builders but racers too... they are part owners of AFT Metric Customs and
have built their own bike named Kemosabe and even raced it on the Bonnieville salt flats...

Sukhee and Shelby fabricating Kemosabe...
att00001.jpg

Larry and Shelby and Sukhee Mr.RC45...
8204563036_a54fa1a534_o.jpg

This thread is taking a turn for the better! Faster 45's, proven once again to make all (steel) balls fall faster...

Monster Energy girls are your Models... here I'm explaining to the girls the difference between a twist grip and a twist tie...

Cannery Row during Laguna Seca MotoGp...
gallery_3131_5511_28885.jpg

Looks like your right hand is occupied, the look on some of their faces makes me wonder if your left is demonstrating a proper squeeze of the clutch...

well thanks everyone for the help and insight - the decision has been made. Not by me, but by the oil supply shop I usually frequent. Shell Advance Ultra 4T 10W40 (the new GTL based one) on sale for 2,95 instead of 11,90 per litre (quart). Bought 20 bottles, the bike apparently uses 800ml for an oil change, so I have more than enough oil for the next decade if not longer.

Couldn't say no to that price.

Maybe I'll fill the bike up with Shell VPower - just for the heck of it, for fun, shell fuel, shell oil - not that it would make any differnce on a reliable honda engine.

Back